ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange and Phone Upgrades, or Lack-off...

Mito Sportiva 135
A little bit confused and pissed off with Orange.

15 months ago I ordered a Z610i as an upgrade, it is ok as a phone but (and I didn't know this at the time) if you get an upgrade before the end of your contract which is apparently free and just them being nice, you aren't entitled to the same phones (for free) that you would get if you wait untill the full 18 months.

Anyway, rang up ages ago to see the earliest I could get a free upgrade, they said it was yesterday, so I wrote it in my diary and called up looking forward to ordering the phone I wanted, the Sony Ericsson W890i.

But I was told on the phone even though I won't be charged an upgrade fee, I would be charged for the handset, which they reckoned would be £150 which I laughed at as I could get an iPhone for cheaper. The girl spoke to her supervisor and said "best we can do is £50" but I said "no I'm not paying a penny for it" but she said they can't do it untill the end of the 18 months. I then said "ok, I might have 3 months left on my contract but I have had the handset for 18 months, and whats the point of saying I can upgrade my phone now before my contract officially ends if I can only get old phones?"

The lady agreed with me but said they can't do anything! Just find it f**king stupid really, plus Orange don't have any particularly amazing phones on offer anyway they just release phones in different homosexual colours like pink, purple and red :dead:

Anyway, is there anything I can do to get this phone now or will I have to wait another 3 months?

Cheers for any help!

Basically you earn points per pound or something.

So say you 10 a month, after 15months you have 150 points which gets you so much off a new phone, discounted line rental etc.

If you upgrade after 18months on the same basis you'd have 180 points so more money off etc.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah she was babbling on something about points...so theoretically if I spent say a grand in a month I would be eligible to upgrade in month 2 then, or not?

Just so pissed off with this contract: on top of not being able to upgrade my phone to anything better than I currently have, I don't have reception in my current house. But apparently it is part of my contract that I don't necessarilly have to receive any reception!!!

Nop, I think you'd still have to wait the full time but at the 15month point you'd get anything and everything.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
go into phones4u. i was in the same situation as you (in month 15 of 18) in november. orange wanted £120 for a k850i, which i said no to. went into phones for you and walked out with a free k850i on orange with the same number.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmm interesting!

What about the remaining 3 months contract with Orange you had though, will they pay it off or what? Would be about £90 for me.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
if im being honest, im not sure what happened to the last 3 months cost...i certainly didnt pay for it. i literally walked into the shop, told them i wanted a k850i on orange, same number, the tarrif i wanted and they did the rest.

the guy who delt with me phoned orange asking about an upgrade, and at that point i though oh here we go, they will say £120...but no, they said i could get it for free. i dont know what the difference between me phoning up and phones4u phoning up is.

i dont know if the fact i was staying with orange made any difference?

Mito Sportiva 135
Hmmm interesting! Cheers for the advice anyway mate I will see what Phones 4 U have to say next time I'm in town anyway!

Nice one! :D

Mito Sportiva 135
Apart from my lack of phone reception and decrepid handset I am very pleased with Orange though, and although they can never help me they all seem like nice guys lol!

Focus ST-2
Apart from my lack of phone reception and decrepid handset I am very pleased with Orange though, and although they can never help me they all seem like nice guys lol!

I just upgraded on orange, received my N95 in a box that looked like it had been in a washing machine. Water damage to the phone, no charger and no battery. I phoned them up and complained, they said i would need to send the phone back and then wait 3 days for a replacement to be sent. I told them to shove it up there arse!! I have been with orange for 8 years and will now be moving networks. lol

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Orange are dire.

I'm seriously debating cancelling & taking out a new contract with someone else, but I used the Magic Numbers loads & don't really wanna give that up :(

They promised me a phone & said it'd be in stock in 2 days or something.. 2 weeks later no phone & no idea when it'll be in stock.
I'm not impressed!

I was on Orange from 1999 to 2005, and I left because of them changing their upgrade rules. I used to get a free upgrade every year. Then, in 2005 when I came to upgrade, they said I couldn't have a free upgrade for another 6 months, or I could pay £150. It was because I didn't spend enough with them. (I thought £35 a month should be plenty?!!)

Along with that, the fact they bugger up the software on their handsets, charging for nearly everything, and always having problems with not recieving calls/texts I left and went with O2, who have been much better so far.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Ive been with Orange since i was 16 (Dad took the contract, i payed him for bills), i changed it into my name on my 18th birthday.

So now ive been with them 4 years and never had a problem. I have replaced 16 phones in the past 4 years and have upgraded three times, 4th will be in a few weeks. Insurance are always dead quick to send me a new phone.

Also the people on the phone are helpful and very polite.

The deals are cracking too, ie Unlimted texts etc.
I found if you get to the end of a contract and say im leaving, they pass you to retentions and then give you free phone and cheaper deal.
IE Unlimited texts with 500mins (Normally £35), when argued i got it for £25 including £5 included insurance, plus a free phone.

Cant complain.