ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions.. Trophy or Liquid yellow 182?

LY 182
after decided to stick my 330ci m sport up sale, ive decided to be in the market for a clio sport! Bit of a dilemma, ive always wanted a liquid yellow one, but they seem quite hard to come across.I love the trophy and the seats are just the nuts, but dont come with the extras that i want such as xenons air con and cruise control?So im torn between the 2, in a perfect world a FF LY with recaros lolmy question to you guys is, what would you have and why?cheers, Rick.

clio 182 trophy
Without being biased I would advise you to go for the Trophy. Even though the LY 182's look mint, you will love the way the Trophy drives. Both great cars but the Trophy just edges it.

LY 182
Without being biased I would advise you to go for the Trophy. Even though the LY 182's look mint, you will love the way the Trophy drives. Both great cars but the Trophy just edges it.

Is the trophy really that different then, I know they come with Sachs suspension? But I was always planning to uprate the suspension anyway. I suppose I need to test drive one really

clio 182 trophy
Is the trophy really that different then, I know they come with Sachs suspension? But I was always planning to uprate the suspension anyway. I suppose I need to test drive one really

The Sachs suspension is a lot better than standard cup suspension imo yes. On the roads that I have around by me (B roads with all sorts of surfaces) there is a definite difference. The Trophy allows you to have a better turn in and more feel. Members on here will argue this all day but when you get them on the right roads they are superb bits of kit! If you were thinking coilovers then it all depends really. On track maybe better, however on the roads I can't see them edging the Sachs tbh. As I don't have any experience with coilovers other members can explain this better than I can.

LY 182
Cheers for the comments lads. I love both of em tbh, I think a decent well priced trophy will come up for sale before a LY does. So which ever comes first :)