ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions on a 1.2 16v dynamique

2003 172
Hi all,
I am going to look at my first clio tonight.I am after a car to do 14 miles a day going to work and back so I was under orders from my wife to buy something small and economical.Since I've owned so many fiestas in my life I thought i'd try a clio since my brother just bought a 1.2 and said he liked it.I am looking at a 1.2 16v dynamique 2002 tonight.Anything I should look for?

Clio 1.2 16V
Going off with what Iv experienced with mine. Apart from the usual stuff...Check both seats for wet patches, might indicate a leaking sunroof which is pretty common, not hard to fix, but time consuming and bit of a PITA. If it has only 1 key ensure the immobiliser(red light in the middle of the dash) goes out and doesn't cause any problems with starting the car. If you can remove the air box (2 10mm bolts) and check the air filter for oil, these engines like to suck up oil into the inlet manifold which can cause it to run rough/cut out(easily cleaned out). Whilst the air box is off you should be able to see the thermostat, check for any leaks or in my case if it has been sealed up rather than being replaced!.

Its not a bad car mines been pretty reliable for the last 2 years apart from wear and tear parts and a few niggles iv had to deal with above.

2003 172
Well I didn't buy that car.It was battered and when I went to drive it,it had a light on that looked like a coil light that you get in a diesel with a heart monitor symbol above it.The car wouldn't rev over 3k.seemed to be in some kind of limp mode