ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinion please

evening all,
Just want peeps option on what to do,
I brought a gearbox from a guy on here who had got it rebuilt by Agency Transmissions also provided an invoice, I think it was done end of 2015 but hadn't been installed.
Well I installed it and as soon as I tested it pops out of 3rd gear all the time.
What do I do?
I've contacted the guy but yet to reply on a question, I'm sure he will and he did seem like a genuine guy

So I'm not going to mention the guy as he seemed genuine but what should I do as the box is useless

1. Am I entitled to get my money back?
2. Do I take it up with Agency transmissions?
3. Bend over and take it as a loss?

What would you do?

Thanks Matt

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Agency are really good at what they do but can make mistakes like everyone else, the problem is it was over a year ago and then sold on.
Is the gear selector fitted correctly and it's definitely the box? give Agency a call I am sure they will be helpful.

Agency are really good at what they do but can make mistakes like everyone else, the problem is it was over a year ago and then sold on.
Is the gear selector fitted correctly and it's definitely the box? give Agency a call I am sure they will be helpful.
Totally agree every one make mistakes , just wanted opinions on what route to go as I'm out of pocket and have a knackered box

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
1. No. it's a private sale from a private individual.

2. You can but their contract was with the person that paid them the money so they're perfectly entitled to not help you.

3. Yes unfortunately.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it was me, I'd contact Agency and explain the situation.
They may offer to repair it at a reduced fee.

dan's cast offs.
do they still charge £270 for a 'rebuild'?

you can't rebuild one for £270 by the way, read into that what you will :wink:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
evening all,
Just want peeps option on what to do,
I brought a gearbox from a guy on here who had got it rebuilt by Agency Transmissions also provided an invoice, I think it was done end of 2015 but hadn't been installed.
Well I installed it and as soon as I tested it pops out of 3rd gear all the time.
What do I do?
I've contacted the guy but yet to reply on a question, I'm sure he will and he did seem like a genuine guy

So I'm not going to mention the guy as he seemed genuine but what should I do as the box is useless

1. Am I entitled to get my money back?
2. Do I take it up with Agency transmissions?
3. Bend over and take it as a loss?

What would you do?

Thanks Matt
Does it whine or crunch in any gears? If it doesn't, remove the box and bring it to me. I'll be able to sort that while you wait. I've got what's needed to fix that out sat here mate.