ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Open loop

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Just a couple of questions. I've been using the search function, scoured the net and read the various clio manuals but can't find the answers i was after!

1) When the Injection system on a clio 182 goes into open loop is it just the Lambda sensor it ignores or is it the MAP sensor as well? Are there any other sensors it ignores?

I'm fine with the way injection systems work but each manufacturer has their own way of doing things and it's helps to find faults etc if i know how it works.

2) Also is 6500rpm definitely the engine speed the cam timing backs off again as i have seen 6800rpm mentioned elsewhere.

3) And finally does anyone know the richest air/fuel ratio or %CO the standard map uses.

Thanks.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Just want to know :)

I've come from a fiesta XR2 that i knew just about as much as there is to know about and a Honda CRX vtec whose engine has pages all over the net written about it and the honda manual tells you all you would ever wish to know.

The renault has been a much harder nut to crack. This Forum is very informative and i've managed to find out everything bar the above.

My dad and i have no plans to mod our clio so as i said i would just like to know!

A yes or no will suffice for the first two questions and just the figure itself for the 3rd.

If possible.

Lionel Richie
lol just checking you weren't going to wire in an ebay resistor!

well if the engine is running (hot or cold) if you disconnect the MAP sensor the engine stops, so hopefully that answers that!

for the rest of it someone else can answer those bits, i'm not a mapper/electronics person

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
No. Thankfully i have the good sense to investigate things before i fit them. Plus i had a near vertical learning curve about tuning with my fiesta.

Thnaks thats a bit of the puzzle! I don't want to spend money on this so I'll have to see if i can take the bonnet off and bribe a friend to ride the car and pull it off when the engine is under heavy load or WOT if no-one has the answer :S

172/1.2/E30
1) Open loop should only ignore the lambda-signal. Treshold for open loop should be 4800 rpm at light load or heavy load.
2) Dephaser is activated from 1800 rpm to 6500 rpm.
3) dunno!