ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only hot air coming out of my air conditioning

Renault Clio 172
just tookthe clio out for a bit, set my climate to 19d and thought bloody hell its getting hot, turned it all the way down and still only getting really hot air coming out.

any idea's whats wrong

makes a huge difference getting it re-gassed...

even if you think the aircon's cold, its so much colder when re-gassed!

Renault Clio 172
no it cant be the gas cause even with out gas it should still be cool air coming in, when its set to low its like really hot as if it is on full heat

only just started doing this

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
Mine duz it and it aint the gas, had it re-gassed and hot air still comes out! Had it diginosed and there were no erros that came up etc!
They think its the main computer thants nakerd, thats why it dese not show there were no erros!

Guna cost me £300.

Renault Clio 172
f***k me, hope its something easier than a 10 hour job, at least the summer is over and winter on the way

Mine duz it and it aint the gas, had it re-gassed and hot air still comes out! Had it diginosed and there were no erros that came up etc!
They think its the main computer thants nakerd, thats why it dese not show there were no erros!

Guna cost me £300.

Could be numerous things, condensor blocked, compressor faulty, thermostat knackered.

Black 172 FF
A friend of mine does this he just droped the negative off the battery for 5 mins and when he puts it bak on everything resets and it works again fine for a few weeks :D

no it cant be the gas cause even with out gas it should still be cool air coming in, when its set to low its like really hot as if it is on full heat

only just started doing this

Thats what i thought mate even with AC switched off the air should still be cooler at 16 than at 19.

And when AC goes on it should get colder still.

How weird :S unless you have a slightly blocked heater matrix or matrix feed pipes.

I was gonna say it could be sticky thermostat problem but wouldn't that cause engine overheating ? :S

Or would it depend what position the thermostat has stuck at ?

172 ff silver
mine does this as well and it deffo aint the gas

on lowest settings it comes out red hot!!!!

anyone got any ideas

172 ff silver
looks like it prolly the heater box.... bastid :mad:

i reckon i'll try and source one from a breakers and do it my self

anyone had the dash out one of theese ? people are saying its a 10 hr job

cant see it my self i used to do heater boxes in the late vw beetles in 6hrs now they were a bastrd :eek:

any advise appreciated

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Just be glad yours still works ;)

I have to drive with my window down to stop condensation.

172 ff silver
When you put the air con on, can you hear the compressor cutting in and out

yes mate i can hear it clicking in

cant hear anything when i move it from hot to cold on the climate control panel, i was thinking id be able to hear a motor/flap moving over

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
fook me there is some s**t posted in here. Do the blowers work?

edit****

Last edited:
  172 ff silver
fook me there is some s**t posted in here. Resistor pack under the scuttle panel, it'll be knacked as they ingrerss moisture. Very common.

nice one mate, i'll have a look there tomorrow are you in the trade or just clued up enthusiast like ?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
sorry ment to ask do the blowers work first????!!!! May have got ahead of myself lol

Last edited:
  172 ff silver
sorry ment to ask do the blowers work first????!!!! May have got ahead of myself lol

yes blowers work so does everything else i feel that the hot/cold flap isnt moving and i cant hear a motor

the recirc button is working

BMW M135i
You can usually hear the flap move when the stepper motor moves when you adjust the temp on the CC, if you can't it could be either be the motors stuck, motors knackered for the control unit is shot.

172, Westfield
Got yours sorted yet Stinka?

Doesnt matter that is winter - still dont want red hot air and no in between!!!