ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only had it 3 weeks :(

Honda Accord Type R
I only got the car at the begining of May and on Tuesday morning this happened.
026 (2).jpg

Bloody Builders delivery truck did not lock in the rear hydraulic stabilizer and as he passed my car it came out and hit my car and pushed it 2 doors down the road.
The car has now gone to a bodyshop but I am expecting its going to be written off :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
f**king hell, why do we have to lose a silver cup :(

So few of them about :dapprove:

Seat Ibiza
Ah s**t, thats not good man. I would be fuming if this was me. Hopefully you find another one...!

Honda Accord Type R
The guy stopped so its going through the insurance but it just the hassle of having to find another car as I looked at a lot before I got this one.
It was also one of the rare Iceburg 172 Cups with A/C :mad:
Just got to wait and see what happens but I imagine its a write off.
At least no one got hurt as there are young kids that walk down the street in the morning and it pushed my car right up on to the pavement!
024 (2).jpg

You can see the glass from the back window where the car was parked!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Jesus Christ mate. At least nobody was hurt like you said, but i understand that doesn't help get the car sorted.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
gutted for you m8, i love silver 172cups aswell,

is it not worth thinking of buying it back maybe, or is that to much hassel for for getting it back together?

sorry to see anyhow m8,

Disastra Coupe
Bad times. Gutting that it's such a rare car too!
Hope you get a new car sorted quick and easy!

Honda Accord Type R
I have got to wait to see what the engineer says when they look at the car and then I can start to plan from then on.
To be honest it may be too much work to put it back on the road.And I do not think I want it back now because of the history the car will have.
Gutted as the night before I had a great drive in it through some country roads with the sun shining.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Not necessarily dead. The insurance company have to listen to you if it's close to being dead and you want it repaired.
We had an MG TF saved from the scrappy this week as the customer kicked up a stink. Now being repaired.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's crap m8 - one of the rare ones as everyone else says. :(

The only good news (if there is such a thing about this) is the fact that the bloke didn't simply drive off.

Hope you get it sorted....

D.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Gutted for you... maybe only 32 with Aircon now... Be interested to see if it is a write off how the insurance view the pay out and if any consideration will be given to the rarity of the car, or if they will just view it the same as a Blue one.

BMW 1 Series
ouch that sucks :( my mate had something similar happen to him when a bin lorry reversed into his micra.. but arguably it was a good thing..

Honda Accord Type R
Well I got the phone call I was expecting today the car is not economical to repair :(
So now the fun starts trying to get a good price for the car.

Clio 1970000000
Gutted for you. At least no-one was hurt. Make sure you get paid out properly as insurance companies might now know the Cup is so rare.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not necessarily dead. The insurance company have to listen to you if it's close to being dead and you want it repaired.
We had an MG TF saved from the scrappy this week as the customer kicked up a stink. Now being repaired.

I love it when you talk assessing!

Gutted for you mate! Cracking cup aswell! :(

275 Trophy
Sorry for your loss fella. Payouts really aren't enough for this sort of thing - you should be allowed to uterly wreck something of his (pics, if it's the wife) ;)

Such a shame.
Makes you wonder what he was doing not to notice he'd pushed a car 2 houses along

Honda Accord Type R
Its quite funny but the morning I paid my membership the car got damaged and the day I got the call the cars not going to be repaired I got my members pack!!
I am still waiting for them to call me but I am going to enquire about getting the car back and I am going to make sure I get the right price for the car.
I want to be able to go out and replace the car with one the same as I had.
Plus I still have to put my sticker and tax disk holder to good use!!!

320d
Unlucky mate. Sorry to see your car like that. Same thing happened to my uncles mate about 10 years ago, well it was a skip wagon but same thing with the stabiliser.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
like someone previously said. could you not kick up a fuss and get it repaired regardless? or do you not know anyone who will repair it? im sure gally will know someone that would get it done for the money you will have left from buying it back.

Honda Accord Type R
like someone previously said. could you not kick up a fuss and get it repaired regardless? or do you not know anyone who will repair it? im sure gally will know someone that would get it done for the money you will have left from buying it back.

I have seen some of the work the bodyshop does and its not very nice so I am not going to kick up about that.
I am going to see about getting it back but I do not think I will get it repaired.
I am very fussy about cars and it would need a lot of work to get it back in to tip top condition and it may cost too much.
It all depends on what they offer me as to what happens next.