ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Onion peel back box and fallen off air filter

J

jakm15

hi, just now I set of from some traffic lights and I spun the tyres accidently it made the usually ‘bang bang bang’ as they spun on the wet tarmac (or it might just be my car that goes’ bang bang bang’ lol), but it seemed louder than normal. Then I noticed the car had gone louder. I got out to have a look and noticed my exhaust had shed another one of its onion layers (its rusty lol) so the exhaust had gone louder then I noticed the engine was noisier so I looked at that and found the air filter had come off (it's a standard one) so I put that back on. Coincidence or could the violent spinning have knocked the filter off and made my onion peel exhaust shed another layer.
Also does anyone have a rough idea on the price of supplying and fitting a new back box as I’m going to have to get it changed now it’s blowing quite a bit? I’m more than likely going to get my neighbour to do it; the rest of the exhaust from the back box looks ok rusty but now blowing or anything.

It’s a W REG 1.2 8v Grande mk2 ph1

Ph 1 172
my local garage does an exhaust back box for a mk2 ph1 1.2 for like £70 fitted..might be a little different near you but quick fit do it for like £80-£100

J

jakm15

my local garage does an exhaust back box for a mk2 ph1 1.2 for like £70 fitted..might be a little different near you but quick fit do it for like £80-£100

cheers, just had a look and the back box is £30 plus whatever he charges to fit it