ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One-eyed Sport - M6 North onto A38 Expressway

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
If it's snowing heavy at night fogs do help when driving providing you switch off your main beams - reduces the reflection off the snow - same as fog

Better than yours. C*nt.
If it's snowing heavy at night fogs do help when driving providing you switch off your main beams - reduces the reflection off the snow - same as fog

Here's a thought, as it's not foggy and having them on could get you fined:

Slow down. If it's snowing that heavily, then walking pace is about right.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Here's a thought, as it's not foggy and having them on could get you fined:

Slow down. If it's snowing that heavily, then walking pace is about right.

Not if it's snowing and you're using them to help see the road through the snow and not for show

Last edited:

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
They are a driving aid to help in difficult weather conditions to aid visability and not as daylight bling for chavs and if the driving conditions are appropriate

Better than yours. C*nt.
Hence the term, 'Fog' lights.

This is going nowhere, although much LOLs to be had soon when you post about how you got fined for driving with your fogs on.

Mike, hint, look at rear lights;

The highway code states that fog lights are to be used when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when visibility is less than 100m. Not solely when it's foggy.

When it's snowing heavily, in case you haven't noticed Mike, visibility tends to be a few feet in front of your car with normal headlights; last time I did maths a few feet was quite a bit less than 100m. Foglights are much lower down and illuminate more of the road, with less of the glare from the snow. Having the rear one on gives the car behind chance to see your position further up the road, whilst he's straining his eyes to see what's on the road a few feet in front of him.

This is common sense, steve32c has it.

RB 182
I used my fogs the other week when it was snowing hard. Not so much for viewing infront, more so that the rear light is on.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nice, so several people who think that blinding someone behind you (and masking your brake lights) is a great idea when visibility is obscured, not by a mist, but by relatively solid objects.

Fantastic. Clever bunch on here aren't we!

RB 182
If it's constantly on they then shouldn't be right up my arse needing to brake. It's on so that people know my car is there and not need to find out last minute. Can't see why you have the hump, they are for bad weather conditions. If it's "masking the brake lights" then whats the point of using it in Fog. Same situation really.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Because when you're approaching a stationary line of vehicles on a motorway or A road (for example) it's nice to know they're there. The intensity of a fog light allows you to see this earlier and prepare for the fact that they may not be moving. If someone is sat there with their normal lights at the back, you may not see it until too late potentially and you'll plough through the back of them.

Snow doesn't affect visibility in the same way, as it's large clumps of relatively opaque material which just reflects the light. Turning fog lights on achieves nothing as unless you turn your headlights off then all you're doing is creating more light to reflect back into your eyes and dazzle you and other road users.

Status
Not open for further replies.