ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

On my way back to Renaultsport after an 8 month blip :) yes!!!!!!

Black Gold with cup packs
Coming back guys (i secretly knew I would) I am currently driving a Fiat Grande punto T-Jet (family car). I am now in a position to purchase another Renaultsport and am opting for either another 172cup of a Trophy. I am potentially going to view this trophy one which used to belong to Steve who frequented her on a regular basis (he may still do not sure). http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/925416.htm
I am also interested in two 172 cups that are currently on the market one being this http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/956499.htm, currently waiting for a reply from the owner. And this one http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/958504.htm spoken to the owner via email and he is available for viewing/selling a week tomorrow (he said he is a member here) hello to you!
Any known history on the cars would be smashing guys and I am very keen and excited about getting back into a Renaultsport after an 8 months absence (I had driven only renaultsports for 5 years prior to my recent blip) It's good to be back guys, I will let you all know how I progress and will get many many pictures up once my decision has been made.

All thoughts on my decisions and any input will be greatly smiled upon.

Cheers guys!

Any of the previous owners/current owners of these vehicles about? Or are they known on the cliosport.net forums?

You'll get a cracking Cup for £4k.

Dont spend £6k!!111oneone

I really have no intention of paying £6k for it, I have sent him an email with an offer within the region of £4600. Look forward to his reply, as he is going to struggle to sell it at that price. I sold my very similar example minus recaros but running on Schrick cams with almost identical mods for £4700 8 months back, mine was on a 53 plate and covered 40k

I am actually thinking about the last 172cup I have posted...http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/958504.htm
I have been in touch with the owner, he is an active member at cliosport.net. The history of the car at least by the previous two owners(it has had 3) can be traced through these forums which is nice, as both previous owners seem very enthusiastic which is always good. The first 172cup I have spoken with the guy and as said I offered him £4600, I had a reply which stated he will not bee accepting less than £5750 as it's early days. I said I would meet him 'sort of' half way and said I would push to £4800 prior to viewing providing he can assure me the car is as described. I think he isn't going to budge (he is going to be dissapointed I feel).

BMW E46 330i Touring
No idea, but don't! It's not an F1 car...

The second Cup you've posted looks smart, knock a few hundred off and it could be a good deal. The Recaro's sound nice.

can get cheap ones on ebay (£50) that are fake carbon or you can PM Has on here as he has some genuine CF ones

MINI Cooper S
I had a feeling you'd be buying another RS dude, the GP never made you smile did it :)

Still considering one myself, just not got around to putting my GP up for sale.

Id be buying bog standard for a start

Try and find a standard one with the sort of history these two have, and I am more inclined to trust private enthusiast sales nowadays than some of the s**t main dealers are trying to pass off a good examples. If modified cars didn't sell 9/10 people here would not be able to sell up when the time comes. At least I will have piece of mind via work receipts, all vulnerable parts have recently been changed, the car was previously owned by enthusiasts (providing the advert is as described and all paperwork is in order). I am weary of buying modified best of times, but this exapmle does seem to be subtle and the offer I made has been accepted. all perishables are brand new and it's not as though there have been any internal engine modifications made.
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/958504.htm

Someone please elaborate why I shouldn't buy modified providing I feel the example is sound (and I will know what I am looking for when viewing) I know alot of the time people modify to go faster example, but I am a keen sublte modifyer and never abuse my cars. As the work seems to have been carried out by the previous two owners, who were both active members of the Cliosport.net social group and describe themselves as 'enthusiasts' I really don't see the problem 'Providing everything checks out'

Last edited:
GDI matched inlet manifold
PTFE inlet manifold gasket
BMC carbon dynamic airbox
Samco large bore intake 45 degree elbow
Battery neatly relocated to boot
K-TEC custom ECU remap
Magnecor 8mm ignition leads
new spark plugs
Race spec alloy oil catch tank(new)
Full KTEC Racing ss exhaust with decat
182 4-2-1 exhaust manifold upgrade(New)
Uprated lower engine mount
Custom upper main engine mount
Eibach sport-line springs all round
Uprated brembo max discs and EBC pads
Xenon headlamp upgrade from V6
silver seatbelt upgrade
new style renault sport badging
decals and custom placed CUP badges
K15 CUP personalised reg
custom painted side badging
professionally refurbed anthracite wheels
speedline wheel decals and gold brake calipers
carbon fibre splitter
custom carbon vent and numberplate trims
richbrook arial, valve caps, 'ball' gearknob
Renaultsport badged Mats
Custom wheelbolt covers
Aero wipers
Brand new Mitsubishi evo 8 FQ400 Recaro seats
Clio 182 Trophy/V6 255 boot spoiler
4 brand new Toyo proxes4 tyres
Upgraded speakers from V6 255
New coilpack
Brand new tdc sensor/ replaced with new type plug and loom.

Look at that list and you can see that the majority of the modifications are actually upgraded components, a few such as the matched inlets, 182 manifold, ECU re-map. and eibachs, exhaust. other than that the majority are either cosmetic or upgrades of the originals i.e better HT leads, brake disks and pads, re-coloured wheels ect, sorry to keep on but on paper the car does not seem that modified, my previous 172cup was modified (omex 600 ECU, Schrick cams, H+R coilovers, matched and ported inlets, full yozza exhaust with pro-speed sports cat)
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/upload/specsheets/yozzasport_2.php
That was my previous cup plus I made 2-3 significant changes omex 600 with mechanical throttle conversion, sports cat and I had the coilovers set-up again professionally. Never had any problems when selling it because it was not abused, and it run sweet as a nut. It would be wrong for me to believe that there are not other owners out there like me who love to modify their cars, but do not abuse them. I will only end up doing it myself anyway, and the list seems desirable.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Well think what you got for your cup?

Then what would it be worth now??

Then -£500;)

Well think what you got for your cup?

Then what would it be worth now??

Then -£500;)

My offer is about right then, despite me only getting £4700 for my cup back in September, it was worth a good £500-£600 more, I sold it for the price as I bought a new car that was coming two weeks later, the steelers offered me £4300 for it and I advertised it for a quick sale at offers over £4500, was sold within a week at £4700 :)

200bhp 172 cup
Sorry about that fella i was ready to take it down from ebay as soon as i recieved your deposit it's just sods law that someone came aong and hit the buy it now button :(

If the sale does not goto plan i'll be in touch, otherwise all the best in finding a good cup :)

Sorry about that fella i was ready to take it down from ebay as soon as i recieved your deposit it's just sods law that someone came aong and hit the buy it now button :(

If the sale does not goto plan i'll be in touch, otherwise all the best in finding a good cup :)

Have you recieved any payment yet?

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/956499.htm

Offered this guy £4800 cash for this example (I will most likley remove the CF wingmirrors and put it back to standard) that was if I didn't recieve this reply..

> ---- Richard Waite <richyse7en@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi Steve.. Have you had any further thoughts in regards to my offer? I am very interested as you are aware and as stated previously can view asap, cash waiting.
> > Kind regard
> > Richard

> Hi Richard,
> never given it a second thought thats just dreamers money.
> The price is negotiable within reason but I'm not giving it away.
> The car is well worth the kind of money I'm looking for it.
> If you want a modified Cup you won't do better than this.
>
> Steve.

I don't think the guy has properly assessed the market. We all like to think our cars are worth X amount, I think my offer is fair and reflects the current climate, am I wrong here? I think in a month or so time when he still has this car up for sale, he may regret not accepting my offer (my prediction) And after owning a fleet of performance cars I am now branded a dreamer :)

Clio 172 Cup
I was a little cheeky with my recent 172 Cup that I bought, went with pund notes in my pocket and didn't discuss money prior to viewing although the start price was lower. The cash I had was what I felt was still a more realistic figure. Guy said no chance when I made the offer, I upp'ed it a little and still no chance so I walked away. Phone call 30 seconds later as I was down the road... sold.... the wife gave him a little nudge. It's compelling knowing so much cash is there even if it is a little less than you had hoped but it means it's sold and you can move on.

Good luck finding one. Seems like there a some well cared for examples out there, like you I wasn't bothered about a lightly modded one if enthusiast owned and plenty of history.

BMW E46 330i Touring
French Blue, he's buying an R27R and it's never been on a motorway?

For an enthusiast he doesn't seem to know his RenaultSports much, but it looks in good nick.

As I said in your other thread, you're hopping about a bit from Ph1's to 182's, so it seems you're a bit 'too' keen on getting another 1*2 ASAP and don't really care which one (quite a difference between a Ph1, a Cup and a FF182). Have a good think about what you specifically want and then be patient until the right example comes up.

172 Cup
French Blue, he's buying an R27R and it's never been on a motorway?

For an enthusiast he doesn't seem to know his RenaultSports much, but it looks in good nick.

As I said in your other thread, you're hopping about a bit from Ph1's to 182's, so it seems you're a bit 'too' keen on getting another 1*2 ASAP and don't really care which one (quite a difference between a Ph1, a Cup and a FF182). Have a good think about what you specifically want and then be patient until the right example comes up.

I totally agree with you after reading this whole thread,

Remember....."good things come to those who wait"

Cheers guys your words of wisdom have calmed me down considerably... I need to find a run about that will comfortably do 300miles a week until the right example comes up :) My misses is using the T-jet as she is back in work :(... Sold her KA already :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
LOL, no concern of mine matey, it's just very easy to get caught up in the prospect of a new car and settle for the wrong thing. 1200miles a month is nothing really, any well maintained car should do that easily.