ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Inox system...

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
It's arrived! :D

Been a long 7 days waiting....

P1040082.jpg

Once fitted i'll post some videos and pics up of it on the car!!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Ooooooooohh

Is it going to be rcessed into the bumper, or hanging down??

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
They sound mint! You did well to get hold of one, not many around I don't think!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Yep it hangs below the bumper, i will get it fitted on Sunday or Monday as i am off to Silverstone for a couple of days.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
nope, my friend and his family are racing a classic Bentley, i'm going for a bit of support and beer drinking.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
had a look at fitting it today, from the cat back that is simple enough, but when i had a look at removing the cat from the manifold it looks like a complete dog of a job!

i'm going to have to go use a proper ramp tomorrow to stand a chance i think.

any advice for cat removal would be greatly appreciated, or if anyone has some spare time tomorrow....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Need two people really, one under the bonnet, one underneath. They arent studs, so spin if you get me! Proper t**t of a job!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ its do-able with one person, small ratchet with a short extender + 7/8mm socket to unscrew and use a spanner to hold the other side :)

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
it's the kind of thing that i will be able to get off, but fitting the new one, holding it in place etc. looks like it will be a nightmare!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
it's the kind of thing that i will be able to get off, but fitting the new one, holding it in place etc. looks like it will be a nightmare!

nah, people say its hard when its not, its a tight space ye but you can do it yourself preety easy,

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hmmmmmm! Dunno tbh, its a proper ball ache (i've done it to 3 172's)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
hmmmmmm! Dunno tbh, its a proper ball ache (i've done it to 3 172's)

true, but say about 15min on your own to get the bolts off? not sure on a normal 172 if theres pipe's runing close or what to the manifold as i dont have any(no pas etc)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have just taken my manifold out after thinking it looked cracked, did it on the floor but i also have the inlets off and the front end as i have just dont my cam belt and aux belt kit.
Got the wife to hold the bolts while i was under the car doing the nuts up.