ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG what have I done............

RB 182 Track Project
Well today I decided to remove the engine reason being I was at Donington last week and my power steering pipe decided to explode and cover my engine and engine bay in oil:(

So I remove the engine toady, I thought this would be the best option for these jobs I wanted to do:

1: Remove the whole power steering including rack and fit a none PAS rack
2: Fit a 182 manifold
3: Fit RS inlets
4: Fit KTR engine mounts
5: Degrease all the engine and bay
6: Delete the heater and remove including all the gubbins
7: Change all oils and fluids

A few pics from today:

8037_10150866066644751_747979750_9794756_1358753110_n.jpg

After engine removal

560631_10150866723354751_747979750_9796692_1482175598_n.jpg

After a degrease

389208_10150866724224751_164632001_n.jpg

Just waiting on parts now to finish the rest.

172/1.2/E30
DCI/non sport EPAS rack is what you want. The EPAS motor sits on the coloum, the rack itself is a "short" manual one.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
just wondering, did you manage to get the engine out without removing the subframe or bonnet??

as this would really help keep my dad happy when i take my engine out on his drive over the summer!! lol

im assuming you had to raise the car simply for the gear linkage and dogbone etc.

looks really tidy, what are you going to do about a replacement heatshield?!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
just wondering, did you manage to get the engine out without removing the subframe or bonnet??

as this would really help keep my dad happy when i take my engine out on his drive over the summer!! lol

im assuming you had to raise the car simply for the gear linkage and dogbone etc.

looks really tidy, what are you going to do about a replacement heatshield?!

You can remove the engine without needing to remove the bonnet or subframe, not a problem at all. Still looks like a car, and still easy to shunt around if needed.

RB 182 Track Project
Today's efforts include:

Removing all the dash, removing the heater and aircon box, removing and relocating the full wiring loom and repositioning the speedo head:

116732b3.jpg

49f620f6.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
You can remove the engine without needing to remove the bonnet or subframe, not a problem at all. Still looks like a car, and still easy to shunt around if needed.

cheers chip! thats what i was hoping to hear!! :)

project looks good dude, keep up the good work!! :)

Those grey strips of tar on the floor will come out and save quite a bit of weight as will the bit of metal running down the middle of the drivers footwell.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
heat gun and wall paper scraper will make light work of it!!

and as someone else said, you may suffer from some pretty bad glare if you dont have any kind of top dash at all!!

RB 182 Track Project
heat gun and wall paper scraper will make light work of it!!

and as someone else said, you may suffer from some pretty bad glare if you dont have any kind of top dash at all!!

Thanks for the info mate, I'm gonna paint the lot matt black so that should sort it, my bro had a 2010 cup race car and never had any problems with glare on that.

Clio 1.8 16v MK1
And still not a cup holder in sight. I love the inside of this Clio, been thinking about doing this myself, when i get my other car.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Interior (or lack of it) looks great!

Any pics of the wiring tuck? Interested to see how you've hidden it all.

RB 182 Track Project
Thanks for the comments guys, regarding the wiring It's all under the scuttle panel wrapped in bin bags and tie wrapped every 5cm then covered in spray glue to help keep it water tight.
Tomorrow I'm on with making a better job of hiding the rear lights and fuel pump loom, seems to be a tricky one though.

I've done a shed load more work to the inside today including removing all the sticky tar strips and cutting all the surplus steel off, I weighed the whole bin bag of stripped gear and it totaled 12.6kg, I'll post some pics tomorrow.:cool:

RB 182 Track Project
Few jobs done today including heat wrapping the manifold, fitting the aero catches, fitting the half cage, painting the interior, I've still got the doors and tailgate insides to paint and I plan on painting the cage/strut brace/rear of the seats in white.
Few pics:

023d98fe.jpg

51c5bce5.jpg

4d3a25da.jpg

daed057d.jpg

996ca17f.gif

Clio 1.8 16v MK1
What have you down about the hazard switch? That is the only switch I can see that is needed and not on a stalk