ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG, this French piece of arrrhhh! HELP ME !

vers le haut doigt milieu
Hello,

You can tell from the title I'm some what pissed off with my car atm. Two things;

1) 60 miles from Calais I opened my boot after filling up to come back on Sunday, it wouldn't close so I had to hold it down with bungee cords. This aint too much of a major issue as it should be under warranty and I was goanna take it to have someone look at it today.

However reason 2 is what has proper pissed me off now.

2) Get in my car just now and turn the key, ticking sound dials bounce a bit and then everything goes out (i.e the electrics reset them self) and comes back with the clock saying 00:00 and the CD changer going through its self check. The car want even turn over and nothing will happen.

I have taking the power cable off the batter and I will leave it 22 minutes and 22 seconds to see if that resets anything.

What can I do?
Does this sound like a common problem?

and Arrhhhh, I need to take my car to have the boot looked at but can't because it doesnt f**king work!:banghead:

really? would it not even try turning over and reset itsself if the battery is flat?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Could be a loose battery connection,
mine was doing this, couldn't open the doors,
or get the car to turn over.
Fiddled with it and everything came back on
clock and stereo had been reset.

Boot sounds familiar too, mine wouldn't lock
turned out I needed a new boot mechanism
cost about 30-40 quid plus fitting.

You could do it yourself i'm just lazy.

db

db detailing™
Defos a flat battery for No.2 mate, mine did the same. Was dead as a dodo!

Stagecoach Ticket
Will proberly be one of 3 things mate.

1: Flat Battery
2: Fuse (If the needle wobbles) Will be one of the fuses in the interior fuse box
3: Theres a control unit behind the dash that runs all of the clock and audio that might of died. (Not 100% on that one though thats second hand info)

M2 Competition
Even if battery isnt completely flat, if its not holding much charge number 2 can happen.

Get battery changed!

Thank you all for your replys, It was a flat battery due to the boot being open and the light staying on. I had my boot fixed and bumped my car down a hill to start it.

Again.
Thank you all soo much for your responce.

Bash.

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ Was just about to say that! Was going to have a tenner on the boot light was on and drained the battery!