ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG HELP!

Albi Blue 197
Help me please! Was driving down the dual carridgeway when all of a sudden this disgusting noise started to happen! It sounded like something was flapping on the wheels as the car was going along, so i pulled over to have a closer look and now this doesnt seem to be the case! Far from it infact! It seems to be coming from the engine. It could be exhaust? Sounds like somethings loose like loose metal. But i just dont want it to be a piston thats gone otherwise i will cry. Ive took a video and uploaded it. Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Reece.

View My Video

172 cup
sounds like a similar noise i had on my mg zr and that was the exhaust manifold gasket that had gone.
best way to knw is get it in garage mate.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hard to say without seeing it TBH but it does sound like the exhaust system has a leak somewhere and it really does need looking at to say for sure. Could be a gasket or just an old system section that's "Blown".

Mick