ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMEX 600, What sensors, What Coilpack CPS etc

Clio 200 Cup
Hi All,

I'm at the stage of wiring my 182 Engine up, I thought it may save some time if I asked on here what sensor can be utilized on the standard engine when using OMEX, as its a Siemens ECU etc originally do you have to use a crank wheel & a ford coilpack? would like to know so i can order the right parts from omex, a concensus of what people have done on theirs would be great.
Thanks
Jordy

Cup In bits
You want to phone Omex, they have all sorts of loom's, adaptor loom's, CPS brackets, Zetec ignition components and will recommend what to use and what's easiest/cheapest.

Omex 600 on 182 engine

Get the clio specific loom - it uses standard injectors, coil pack, vvt actuator.
Water temp sensor you have to drill the thermostat and fit a new one for the omex - so that your standard ecu can still see the water temp from the old one.
Air temp sensor from omex. (Are you running bodies?)
The CPS you get a plug on the clio loom from omex that you connect to the standard CPS, then two wires coming off that you splice into the old loom so you keep your rev counter working.

Clio 200 Cup
You want to phone Omex, they have all sorts of loom's, adaptor loom's, CPS brackets, Zetec ignition components and will recommend what to use and what's easiest/cheapest.

Omex 600 on 182 engine

Get the clio specific loom - it uses standard injectors, coil pack, vvt actuator.
Water temp sensor you have to drill the thermostat and fit a new one for the omex - so that your standard ecu can still see the water temp from the old one.
Air temp sensor from omex. (Are you running bodies?)
The CPS you get a plug on the clio loom from omex that you connect to the standard CPS, then two wires coming off that you splice into the old loom so you keep your rev counter working.

Im not running the clio loom or the clio ecu . The engine is not in a clio so not worried about tacho for the moment and yes running at bodies

Last edited:
  Clio 200 Cup
I'm Using the Omex 600 as my only ECU, so need to know what sensors to order and how to setup the vvt .

Clio 200 Cup
Indeed they are Cup_Phil I Emailed them got a very speedy response, looks like I need a 4cyl DIS Coilpack, Zetec CPS & Bracket & a Coolant temp sensor if the clio one isn't two wire.

The Coolant temp is the only one not sure on is the Clio two wire?????? would call OMEX but there never open when i'm on break :'(

The coolant sensor that's tapped into my thermostat housing for the omex certainly looks the same size/dimensions as standard so it wouldn't suprise me if you can just fit the omex one into the existing hole.

It's weird that you need a coilpack - mine runs off the 172 coilpack.

Clio 200 Cup
The coolant sensor that's tapped into my thermostat housing for the omex certainly looks the same size/dimensions as standard so it wouldn't suprise me if you can just fit the omex one into the existing hole.

There's a part list here of what they sell
http://omextechnology.co.uk/600 Price List.pdf

I've found burton power good in the past and you can order online
http://www.burtonpower.com/omex-water-temperature-sensor-omem2200.html

Yes they've gone back on their word now say i don't need a coilpack, so only need CPS & Coolant temp :D thanks for the info on the thread size :)

Cup In bits
I don't know why you wouldn't order from omex tbh, their stuff is cheap....especially the coolant sensor and they will supply the plugs for chosen sensors that you will need for a custom loom. Email is a waste of time when you can get all questions answered in 5 mins.

Phones do work in 2013 btw.

Clio 200 Cup

There's a part list here of what they sell
http://omextechnology.co.uk/600 Price List.pdf

I've found burton power good in the past and you can order online
http://www.burtonpower.com/omex-water-temperature-sensor-omem2200.html

I don't know why you wouldn't order from omex tbh, their stuff is cheap....especially the coolant sensor and they will supply the plugs for chosen sensors that you will need for a custom loom. Email is a waste of time when you can get all questions answered in 5 mins.

Phones do work in 2013 btw.

Indeed Phones do work and I'm more old fashioned than most, but there closed during all my breaks at work so can't call. trying to fit it in with my 65 hour week is a challenge.