ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old vs New!

Im sure this has been brought up before.

But Im sure theres some of us on here who actually prefer the old shaped Valvers as opposed to the roundy curvy feminine new 172/182s.

Apart from the V6 which is absolutely awesome. I dont think theyve got as much errr how can I put this...grrrrrrrrrr about em. Id even go as far as saying the Saxo VTR looks better!:devilish:

Any pics of some new ones with some grrrrr that might prove me wrong of old ones that will prove me right.

Yeah I admit they maybe look a bit dated. But that 182 in the picture has a bodykit on it and is proper Renault Sport model. Even if you put some alloys on a normal one you can buy down your local dealer, unless its in black they still dont look aggressive enough from what Ive seen around.

And Fubar... I think you need bigger alloys mate ;)

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by cassiuss99 on 28 July 2005
Yeah I admit they maybe look a bit dated. But that 182 in the picture has a bodykit on it and is proper Renault Sport model. Even if you put some alloys on a normal one you can buy down your local dealer, unless its in black they still dont look aggressive enough from what Ive seen around.And Fubar... I think you need bigger alloys mate ;)

Super 1600?

no, i dont.

cars are for driving, i like my car to handle... therefore 15" wheels are perfect for a car of its size.

bigger wheels are for show.

Nah JayR perhaps not I saw those night time pics you posted of it in that Petrol station with the 17s and it looked bang on.

I think yours is a prime example of a crackin Valver but it would be interesting to see what it looked like with the 15s on.

browno

ClioSport Club Member

One of the reasons I like the 172/182 because of the lack of OTT styling really (apart from the twin pipes on the 182, of course!) - its nice and subtle looking, so people only see a little clio until it dissappears into the sunset...
When you compare to a lower model it looks subtly aggressive, but in isolation it can just blend in nicely (which is definitely an advantage sometimes!)...
I think the mk 2 172 is best for this, as the wheels look at first glance lke the Dynamique alloys - making it even more stealthy. The 182 is a little less subtle with its twin pipes and anthracite wheels....
Having said all of that Ive ruined the whole impression on mine by fitting a nice loud prospeed exhaust:p!

Vee dub

I think the 172s/182s look nice but nowhere near as mean as the valver/williams.

The V6 on the other hand... well that looks mean!

Nothing like this view in your rear view mirror!

http://tinypic.com/9jnlt1.jpg

[Edited by TomS on 28 July 2005 at 9:46pm]

The willy lump is a completely standard one mate. Its a low miler thou sitting on 52k

Not used it with the 15s yet as im getting them refurbd so will be sat on the white Comp MOs for a bit. Coilovers go on in about a week and new brakes all round. Thinking bout getting a roll cage and supersprint exhaust next:D

LY 200

Nice mate......Let us know what the supersprint gos like.......You running a valver manifold aswell?

Such a shame 17s supposedly kill the performance....Them velas looked very nice.....Remember when a mate had them on his naples valver!!!:D

Mines a low miler too but havnt had a the chance to give it much stick yet....Hopefully the 15s will give it abit of edge!!!

LY 200

The 172 colour to have is that!!!

If only my car hadnt broke when it did i may have had one now.........Maybe next year!!!

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 28 July 2005

no, i dont.

cars are for driving, i like my car to handle... therefore 15" wheels are perfect for a car of its size.

bigger wheels are for show.
God your full of sh*te.

Remapped derv Golf

IMO the only good looking mk1s is the williams.

The valvers are pretty tasty too but the RT (and other lower models) is dull! Infact JONGSR4s sister refused an RT as her first car saying how dull it was. The 106 XSi she bought is a far more interesting car.

LY 200

But adam arnt the mk2 non sports pretty dull aswell?

I dont think id be jumping up and down if i had to drive one!!!

Yeah youre right THAT Clio does look better than THAT VTR, but youve just compared a blue Saxo 96/97 VTR with a 2005 Clio 182.... errr how about finding a later model VTR to compare....preferably in black!:cool:

Apart from the V6 which is absolutely awesome. I dont think theyve got as much errr how can I put this...grrrrrrrrrr about em. Id even go as far as saying the Saxo VTR looks better!:devilish:
http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/30179255-L.jpg

Saxo VTR

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/photos/24749966-M.jpg

Clio 172 Cup

Cant for the life of me understand how you think a MK2 Clio has a lack of grrr but then prefer the VTR...and Ive purposely chose the thinnest front-on picture of my Cup that doesnt even accentuate the flared arches very well.