ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil sump plug

Went to change the oil on the valver at the weekend thinking it would be a socket or alan key and i now know its neither. From the looks of it its a square key does anyone know what size this is so i can make one up. Looks around 10mm but just want to check to make sure i can change it tmrw.

Thanks

Jason

I know its a pain isnt it, neither the 1/4 or 3/8 size wrench will fit.

I used the chuck key for a metal lathe from a friends workshop, its basically a tapered square.

Its just so u have to take it to the rip off dealers for them to charge you for doing it! Lets be honest its one of the easiest diy maintainance jobs going (if u have the bloody tool!)

Twingo 133

The tool is a couple of quid from halfords, and is a worthy investment if your going to do it a few times.

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by Jase16v on 04 May 2005
Its just so u have to take it to the rip off dealers for them to charge you for doing it! Lets be honest its one of the easiest diy maintainance jobs going (if u have the bloody tool!)

I think the reason they changed it to the square drive sump plug is because you cant exactly round it off, unlike a conventional bolt.

Although nothings impossible lol

Mazda MX5 1.8

My dad managed to make me up a tool - it was just a boxy bit of metal pole which we bent the end of

did the job nicely