ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil pressure

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yes, oil pressure rises with revs, but it should not drop so low at idle...

Either your guage is telling porkies (very likely) or youre engine aint long for this world!

Mr2 Roadster

All the gauges read differently! But as a rule if it rises with revs you needant worry. If you have a pressure fault, the light will show on the dash!

I have a willliams 2, had it for about 20k now and the pressure needle has always gone right down on idle but then moves up when you pull off

mine sits just above the bottom, and obviously rises with the revs,

when the car is cold the needle is right at the top & then it goes down once its warmed up .

its normal for it to go up, it should do that, but mine generally runs at about 1 i think when at idle, possibly a bit less, although i could be mistaken. Will check when I leave work in a min.

Mr2 Roadster

It will run silly high when cold. Mine runs 5.8 bar (the max as it cant go past there to 6 bar) from 3,000 revs when cold. Once warm its so much lower!

Not a Clio

mine reads pressure at random and then reads it wrong. it tends to sit at 0 all the time now. Cant be arsed sorting it as I want rid now.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

mine reads just over 3 when cold and goes down to 0 when it warms up. still rises when u boot it though