ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil light flickering

Ok when I come off the motorway (doing 70 my revs are at 3300rpm ) roughly (non sport) and when I come to say traffic lights and I idle waiting to go my oil and stop light starts flickering and having a rave and my car starts stuttering. This only happens when im up to temp. My mechanic says it needs a full oil change and new filter because its probably old oil thats getting to thin when hot.

What do you guys reckon? Sound about right?

Cheers

Nick

FF Clio 182 Silver
simples....oil light on at any time...check the oil..if it keeps happening change the oil...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd personally want to measure the physical oil pressure before and after the oil and filter change also to be sure it's not a pump/sensor problem.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Take it to a garage that has test equipment, specifically an oil pres tester .

I would do it for you if you're close to Nottingham.

Mick

Edit - you also need to know the specs

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Especially with a potential oil pump issue, it honestly wouldn't be worth the risk travelling to me.

Ill suggest some things to my guy tonight and see what he can do I think the pump is getting old because if I rev the engine up to sat 1000 revs the light goes away so its just idle revs theres not a good pressure :/