ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil filters. which one

ok. im doing my first oil change on my 16v.

got all the oil out and finally managed to get the filter off but ive bought a halford oil filter and there is no way i can get it near the mounting point. it just wont fit through the gaps. which one is the easiest fit. it had a small orange one on with a nut on top which was a big help getting it off. a FRAM model.

please help as im stuck with a car i cant drive, mike

FAO BRUN - got some silkolene 15 50 pro R :)

it will be the filter for the willy not the 16v if you get it from that place

so you need to get the willy filter from them its teh same with the air filter its teh willy one not the one they have as the 16v one

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

also make sure you have the right tool for job, halfords do a variety of oil filter removal tools. The best type for the 16v is a metal strap wrench they do, it has a screw on the bottom to tighten it, because its slim and has a decent length handle it works well in the limited space.

You shouldnt need an oil filter removal tool for a normal 16v oil filter (hex or fastener type). You just screw it on by hand and off by hand. Renault ones (which I always use as theyre guaranteed to be right) dont even have a hexagonal dome to fit a hex key to.

I worked P/T for Halfords for over four years and remember that the 16v oil filter would always come back to us as it wouldnt fit. I looked at one the other day while I was down there and it seems to me that youd need to take the engine out to get it on!! Its way to big.

done the oil change with the silkoleny stuff after getting a proper fitting filter from reno.

oil pressure as gone right up :D and i can definitlkey recommend this PRO R oil from silkolene.

only thing thats got me confused is that it took over 5 litres just to get the oil to halfway up the dipstick???

Skoda Fabia vRS

the Silkolene bottles are usually quite generously filled too, you usually get over 5L in em...

:). must be 4.5 for the engine and 1.5l for it to drink. could have been a slight incline. neigbours aint too happy as theres used oil all over the drive outside the garages. i expected a thin stream when i took the sump plug out and it pissed out like a hose pipe. agh well. ill know for next time

RenaultSport clio v6 255

just did it on my willy, 6 ltres quoted to top, 5.5 l put in, as for th efilter, just put an orange on ewith a nut on on, pig to get your arms in!! short lttle thing

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Just changed the oil and filter on the 16v yesturday. managed to do it by hand (pluss screw driver and hammer .... lol), just use a gen renault item.

dunno what all the fuss is about?

it just comes off, so long as the last one wast tightened like a bastid before! lol