ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oh im running on 3 cylinders help

er for some reason im running on 3 cylinders, and no 1 cylinder is not working for some reason the plug is sparking, and the injectors are working hhmmmmmmmm what could it be please help!!

Caddy Maxi
crap leads, buggered dizzy crap plugs! check the ignition system before having a compression test done as it may be just that and no HG failure

well if i take the plug out and connect it to the lead that goes to that cylinder it sparks fine

so it cant be the dizzy cap, and the lead works ok

while running i can take out the, no one lead and plug and its still which tells me something is happening in the cylinder

what else could it be, and is there any other tale tale signs of lack of compression!!

well if i take the plug out and connect it to the lead that goes to that cylinder it sparks fine

so it cant be the dizzy cap, and the lead works ok

while running i can take out the, no one lead and plug and its still running as badly as it was before which tells me something is happening in that cylinder

what else could it be, and is there any other tale tale signs of lack of compression!!

Caddy Maxi
try a different lead on it first mate (ie swap it with no 2 on both the dizzy and plug) to test it, of its still doing the same it looks like a compression issue

MKIII 138
accelarator cable ? dunno why i said that, i had a fault exactly the same and they changed this cable or altered it and after that it worked fine