ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:( oh dear

Clio 197
This what happens when a cy chrysler voyager hits u from behine :( and guess what its a wright off

16853_397303605022_670240022_10430195_7376937_n.jpg

16853_397298425022_670240022_10430180_1111163_n.jpg

New car nxt Dunno wot to have want a diesel but looking at a grande punto 1.9 multijet sporting yes i know its a fiat but the new clio look crap specialy the middle of the range models :( i want my clio back

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
having seen some of the things they are repairing these days i wouldnt write it off just yet... probably tho

not nice tho, hope your ok

Nissan 350z
Id say its a write off. The back wheels arent sitting parallel so theres not just cosmetic problems.

The ClioGT has a diesel edition. It looks good if you ask me!

Clio 197
its a write off got 4k for it :( it was going to cost 3959 quid to repair and new clio gt is far to exspensive for me

Not a 320d
its a write off got 4k for it :( it was going to cost 3959 quid to repair and new clio gt is far to exspensive for me

4k that pretty good, what you got to spend in total ? The multijets look failry good from the exterior actually, interiors are by far the most disgusting thing ive ever sat in mind.

Clio 197
4k that pretty good, what you got to spend in total ? The multijets look failry good from the exterior actually, interiors are by far the most disgusting thing ive ever sat in mind.
yh it cost me 4500 2 years ago and put 20 k on the clock and done a totaly of 24.5k :p and i know thy look s**t but remap the 130bhp to 196bhp lol s**t of a sholve do clio do anythink bigger than a 1.5 diesel in a clio

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How come there are two different exhausts in the pics? Did you remove the one from the first and refit the original?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Im just getting rid of my 1.9 grande punto.

They might make 196bhp but it will have no more torque than one with 170bhp. Most torque they seem to make is 330ft lbs.

Mine is running 177hp and 330ft-lbs. Shredded a gearbox in under 42k and the turbo seized at 45k. They can survive being remapped but if you drive them remotely hard then thats when they start wrecking things. Parts are not cheap for them either.

Mine was mapped by Sanspeed tuning, holds power 22psi from 1500 revs to almost 5250. Lovely looking car but reliability for hooning about it is crap.

320d
330 lbft is a lot of torque. Not surprised the gearboxes are going on them.

Nice looking cars but the Clio 197 will be miles better. Probably slower straight line mind.

Megane 275 trophy006
I've seen a diesel mk3 Clio pre facelift. 175bhp and it had all the kit of a 197 (arches/spoiler/diffuser/exhaust) not sure if it was a one off but looked identical to a 197 and wouldn't have put it for a diesal if it weren't for the sales blurb.
wilsons in Epsom had one a year ago when I went to pick up my 197.

Clio 197
Im just getting rid of my 1.9 grande punto.

They might make 196bhp but it will have no more torque than one with 170bhp. Most torque they seem to make is 330ft lbs.

Mine is running 177hp and 330ft-lbs. Shredded a gearbox in under 42k and the turbo seized at 45k. They can survive being remapped but if you drive them remotely hard then thats when they start wrecking things. Parts are not cheap for them either.

Mine was mapped by Sanspeed tuning, holds power 22psi from 1500 revs to almost 5250. Lovely looking car but reliability for hooning about it is crap.

My punto was the 130bhp but i loved the way it shifted from 70-128 ;) im not exspecting the same from a 197 tho :( i will miss that but oh well

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My punto was the 130bhp but i loved the way it shifted from 70-128 ;) im not exspecting the same from a 197 tho :( i will miss that but oh well

If you use the gearbox the 197 will go from 70-128 quicker im sure. but if you just plant your foot in 5th rather than change to an appropriate gear it probably wont.

BHP is what matters for acceleration not torque really, which is the opposite to what most people think, but is true when based on the assumption that the driver has access to and knows how to use a gearbox.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
yh it cost me 4500 2 years ago and put 20 k on the clock and done a totaly of 24.5k :p and i know thy look s**t but remap the 130bhp to 196bhp lol s**t of a sholve do clio do anythink bigger than a 1.5 diesel in a clio

What is this supposed to say?

Grande Punto's will break. Quickly.

Yeah where as a Clio Sport won't LOL! ;)

If you use the gearbox the 197 will go from 70-128 quicker im sure. but if you just plant your foot in 5th rather than change to an appropriate gear it probably wont.

BHP is what matters for acceleration not torque really, which is the opposite to what most people think, but is true when based on the assumption that the driver has access to and knows how to use a gearbox.

If you use a 197 gearbox they're likely to break though. :p