ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

LY 182
Depends on your style of play. SMG's are gonna be quicker to aim when you're on the go.

I'm still enjoying the Famas and also using the AUG a bit more now.

My problem seems consistency. Even within the same lobby I can have a game where I'm 17-5 or 23-10 or something, then I could easily go and have a game where I'm 9-12 or something.

Still loving the game though.

Biggest annoyance right now is definitely last stand or second chance as it's now called. The most annoying perk ever! Even in hardcore it can take a whole round of shots to take these f**kers down.

LY 182
I've not really bothered making a comparison. I really enjoy playing B/Ops. It's just as addictive as MW2 was for me. All my mates are playing B/Ops too. I can't see myself going back tbh.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah second chance is real noob perk. The aug is still my favourite gun the smg's are limited by clip size and range. G11 can be deadly if your accurate. I get abit annoyed with the only 1 air support at a time cos I get cobras and chopper gunners all the time and I'm waiting to unleash them nearly everytime. Had a cobra and chopper gunner left over at the end of a match cos it wouldn't let me use them.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've not really bothered making a comparison. I really enjoy playing B/Ops. It's just as addictive as MW2 was for me. All my mates are playing B/Ops too. I can't see myself going back tbh.

I'm trading mw2 in for gt5 and will never play it again. Mw2 is a easier game with stupid perks for fps noobs. Doesn't matter how good a person is at that game if they come up against campers, noob tubers and commando light weights you will get frustrated.
Black ops rewards the better players hence why the not so good don't like it. ' oh why can't I noob tube in a million directions and reload in a millisecond and kill every1' or using a glitch in the game to snipe thinking it's skill. Lol yeah where's your skills now eh? Your my bitches now. (evil laugh) mu ha ha ha.

LY 182
Yeah second chance is real noob perk. The aug is still my favourite gun the smg's are limited by clip size and range. G11 can be deadly if your accurate. I get abit annoyed with the only 1 air support at a time cos I get cobras and chopper gunners all the time and I'm waiting to unleash them nearly everytime. Had a cobra and chopper gunner left over at the end of a match cos it wouldn't let me use them.

Yeah I have attack copter and chopper gunner on my killstreak. If you get the attack copter and then get the extra 2 kills the chopper gets priority though which is handy. If it's an open map like Jungle or Nuketown then chopper all the way. If it's a map with plenty of room inside I'd probably just send the attack copter out first. If somebody else has got something up in the air you're fucked either way though lol. :dapprove:

I'm thinking of bringing the care package back into my killstreak. Tend to get ammo a fair bit. Also spy planes but tbh I find them very handy for identifying where players are. Then occasionally you do pull out something decent. Playing with a bunch of mates the other night and he had 2 care packages where he had the chopper and then the dogs. Bladdy lucky.

Kev speaks the truth... :approve:

I havent even bothered with Noob tube on Blops, too underpowered ;)
And ive said it before, and im sure ill say it again... Xbox is full of f**king little campers!! Does my f**king nut in, PS had quite a few, but XBL is ridiculous at times!!

LY 182
I'm trading mw2 in for gt5 and will never play it again. Mw2 is a easier game with stupid perks for fps noobs. Doesn't matter how good a person is at that game if they come up against campers, noob tubers and commando light weights you will get frustrated.
Black ops rewards the better players hence why the not so good don't like it. ' oh why can't I noob tube in a million directions and reload in a millisecond and kill every1' or using a glitch in the game to snipe thinking it's skill. Lol yeah where's your skills now eh? Your my bitches now. (evil laugh) mu ha ha ha.

Haha yeah. The only thing I would like if it didn't take so many shots to kill sometimes. Quite a lot of time I get killed because I've had to unload a whole mag into one guy and can't reload in time to get the other guy. I guess in that situation I need to find a safer place to reload and then go on the prowl again haha.

I just love how you constantly have to adapt tactics against the opposition.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Why are 90% of the people retards on zombies. What's so hard about getting your own window and don't turn on the power. The dogs come and oh I'll go by myself, dead. Idiots.

Finally got the hang of this last night; and despite hating it when I first got it, am starting to come round to it. Some of the maps are great once you get used to them (Firing Range, Havana) - still prefer MW & MW2 over all though I think.

Currently rocking;
M16 + Extended Mags + Reflex Sight
Python + snub nose
Frag
Flashbang
Camera Spike

Lightweight
Warlord Pro
Marathon

The M16 is probably a bit of a n00b gun, as hardly anyone else seems to use it - but I find it amazing. Top notch for close-quarters, running all over the place action - but equally as good at long range. I mean seriously good. I don't bother with a sniper.
The Python is good too, but I hardly use it in all honesty.

Three things I still don't like about the game though:
  • RC-XD's - cool when you have them yourself, but if theres one after you, you don't stand a chance. (same applies to dogs)
  • Camera Spike - again, cool when you have your own - but jesus christ it makes things easy. The amount of times I've set one up staring down a flight of stairs (that I'm at the top of), only to watch an enemy start shooting it - leaving me to jump out of window and knife him in the back. lols.
  • Also, why can't I mute everybody at once? I couldn't care less what a load of whiney kids have got to say I'd rather just shut them all up at once. Or can you do this and I'm being stupid?

Is there anyway of seeing how many knife kills you've got? had a quick look last night but couldn't see anything. I must have massed up loads of stupid flukey kills with mine - normal knife by the way, not that wierd ballistic knife.

Me and my bro had an epic game on 'FIVE' zombies yesterday, level 25. The mad professor guy pissed me off (takes your guns :()

Electric on + teleports is a must. Couldn't have done without the ray gun.

Going up and down in the lift helps too ;)

Oh, and I didn't realise private matches count towards the leadboard, which is good (Sooo many idiots on XBL just open every door)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Can be in different locations. Usually in 1 of the rooms where you turn the power on. Ya have to look through the windows.

Renault Clio 1.4
Who will take the points for that kill, the person calling in the care package, or a friendly fire incident with the SAM turret?

LY 182
Just had a f**king awesome game on WMD. Not awesome as in 35-3 or anything. In fact I was 15-8, but purely with the sniper. Been playing with it all evening whatever the map. Using the L96A1 and it's awesome love the variable zoom! Actually love the spotting your target, scoping, and 1 shot kill.