ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Inferno 182 CUP
wait for the supermarkets to start a price war .. if you havnt read a price by sunday .. pre order it sunday night

Last year the super markets didn't release their prices until Monday's paper.

IMO, Supermarkets aren't going to go as low as most years.

A4 Avant
I'd held off pre-ordering as I've got so much to do before end of the year I didn't need another distraction but after seeing the vids I'm going to have to buy it. I think I'll just buy it instore somewhere, even amazon isn;t that cheap.

172 ph-quick
Ill just do what someone has already mentioned, preorder from a store, tesco etc. Then pick it up and if its cheaper elsewhere after a couple of days, ill buy that one and take the new copy back to the more expensive shop. although i probably wont be arsed if its only a tenner saving. :approve:

Bumder With A Buffer
ShopTo have posted on their own forum, stating the can not post early.

Saw a link early on AVF.

Originally Posted by ShopTo on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Shopto have announced that, in accordance with their contract with Activision, that they will ship COD Blacks Ops on Monday 8/11/10 to arrive with customers on the release date of Tuesday 9/11/10.

Based on current statistics held, that should see 98% of Royal Mail orders arriving next working day.

Shopto realise that this means that 2% may not arrive the next working day, instead arriving within 2 business days from despatch.

This announcement is made, to avoid all the speculation and numerous threads and questions about shipping, that usually occurs around the launch of a new Call of Duty.

I await numerous threads with people bitching about not getting it early.

IMO ShopTo are correct. Happened last year with MW2 and everyone was bitching at ShopTo for adhering to Activisions request when some GAME customers had theirs delivered early.

I dont know what to do RE pre-order..Im quite tempted to just trade in all my unwanted games at GAME or GAMESTATION and get it technically for free.

I await numerous threads with people bitching about not getting it early.

IMO ShopTo are correct. Happened last year with MW2 and everyone was bitching at ShopTo for adhering to Activisions request when some GAME customers had theirs delivered early.

I dont know what to do RE pre-order..Im quite tempted to just trade in all my unwanted games at GAME or GAMESTATION and get it technically for free.

I got WAW and MW2 from GAME, and both were delivered 1 day early (GTA was 2 days early). If I get it a day early again, great. As long as I get it on launch day at the latest.

Can't wait tbh

My life gets put on hold for COD releases, luckily the Mrs understands.

[/geek]

Bumder With A Buffer
Its typical I was going to book a day off too for this but I have a project on at work that requires finishing for the 15th November :(

Im flat out pretty much testing 6 units until then. I worked out there is 247 hours worth of testing required before the 15th to get it ready..Thats about 11 FULL 24 hour days :( and thats just for ONE unit. Its physically impossible to test all 6 of them in that time FFS :(

Bah.

Mountune Tractor
so much for there supposedly no quick scoping. lol its exactly the same as mw2.

Doesn't look as bad to me, it looks like in every shot he has to fully look right into the scope. I think that video shows skill more than quickscoping, you'll never be able to stop the really quick and skillful ones.

Mountune Tractor
Also, the perk for drawing your gun quicker is unavaliable on sniper class apparently. Slight of hand?

Mountune Tractor
Compare this to the black ops videos, it's nowhere near the same:

Last edited by a moderator:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
How would they prevent it?

take the automatic aim off. people think it isnt there but it is. eg walk past an enemy lying in some grass and your gun will pull towards them. quick scoping finds the worst in that system. snipe on bc2 and youll notice the difference.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How would they prevent it?

take the automatic aim off. people think it isnt there but it is. eg walk past an enemy lying in some grass and your gun will pull towards them. quick scoping finds the worst in that system. snipe on bc2 and youll notice the difference.

^That. Quick scoping is a joke. They should set the sniper rifle to either fire from the hip or fire from the full scope view. Nothing in-between which utilises the auto aim.

To see it still working in the new game is very disappointing.

The the graphics on this look shocking. The town looks like something out of Toy Story!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Just noticed marathon is only a burst of sprinting and not on constantly. At least it'll stop the knifers running around constantly.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i am really looking forward to this but is every1 thinking its starting to look abit suspect alot like WAW when that came out. i like WAW for some things dont get me wrong.

Never above 25mpg
Quick Scoping is ridiculous. FACT. Makes the Thumper with Danger Close all more worthwhile.

Pre-ordered this with GAME although I've got to find my preorder slip now!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
that map is supposed to look like a cartoon, thats why they never showed it in any promo videos.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
i dont see everyones problem with quick scoping tbh, it does take a lot of skill to master and surely things like oma/ noob tubes / commando are far far worse.

i dont see everyones problem with quick scoping tbh, it does take a lot of skill to master and surely things like oma/ noob tubes / commando are far far worse.

nope i personally think if you have a sniper rifle you should camp but tbh i think im the only one in the entire world

snipe - to shoot from concealment (not running round)

That cartoon look is not how it actually looks TBH! Watch some of that hour video and that location looks completely different.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
no i agree with you in that respect, its not how a sniper rifle is supposed to be used, but it isnt easy to master. then again, noob tubes are for blowing up doors, destroying bunkers, damaging vehicles etc, not launching accross the map from one spawn to another... but that happens every game. I'll meybe die from a quickscope 1 in every 100 deaths, so isnt an issue i dont think.

no i agree with you in that respect, its not how a sniper rifle is supposed to be used, but it isnt easy to master. then again, noob tubes are for blowing up doors, destroying bunkers, damaging vehicles etc, not launching accross the map from one spawn to another... but that happens every game. I'll meybe die from a quickscope 1 in every 100 deaths, so isnt an issue i dont think.

tbh a noob tube is used for clearing soft targets so groups of soldiers so tbh its correctly used

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
lol thats not its primary use at all..... its the most abused weapon in the game! anyone who uses noob tubes basically cant aim and cant get kills any other way, i cant understand why you would be more upset at being killed by a single sniper bullet as opposed to being blown away by a noob tube that was nowhere near you and fired from halfway accross the map with no skill whatsoever.

Mito Sportiva 135
Agreed, noob tubes and double shotguns are way more annoying than quick scoping...and McB no offence as I get your point but the whole COD isn't exactly an accurate military simulation is it? Play Bad Company 2 or something if you want "proper" sniping dude!

I get satisfaction from killing people with the noob tubes, without them exploding.

Cheats and glitches bother me, not much else does.

Agreed, noob tubes and double shotguns are way more annoying than quick scoping...and McB no offence as I get your point but the whole COD isn't exactly an accurate military simulation is it? Play Bad Company 2 or something if you want "proper" sniping dude!

no as thats about as realistic as cod lol

i like cod alot i dont find it annoying at all bar quick scoping as tbh its impossible in real life and verges on cheating or as microsoft would call it its a feature