ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OEM+ for my poor ARCTIC 182

Subaru, arctic 182FF
OK guys
I have been on the forum for a few months now after buying YP54YPW
I thought it was about time I started a thread to record this great little cars life and where I am going to go with it.
So I bought her back in January from a really nice guy who had really looked after her.

I paid £2200 after a bit of negotiating which i thought was a great price considering all the recent money spent on her.
She had just had
4 x goodyear eagle asymetrics
new genuine discs and pads all round
new genuine rear shocks
new bosch front and rear wipers
new bosch battery
new BTB catback
aswell as the following service history most recently all by birchdown

12/11/2013 - 81002 miles - Birchdown - 12k style service + gearbox oil change + new centre exhaust clamp
09/11/2012 - 72516 miles - Birchdown - 72k style service inc cambelt, aux belt + dephaser + tensioner + new genuine front springs.
20/05/2012 - **** miles - Previous owner - oil and filter change using fuchs titan super synthetic
07/11/2011 - 62876 miles - Birchdown - 12k style service = full coolant flush and change + full brake fluid change
02/11/2010 - 53200 miles - lookers Chester - 12k style service (poor baby being sent to lookers)
16/12/2010 - **** miles - Northwest Performance - Supply and fit new wheel bearing
03/08/2010 - 50583 miles - Specialized Renault services - 12k style service + new lambda sensor (why not do this when doing the cambelt and pulley ? )
19/07/2010 - 48981 miles - Sport and classic ltd - replace - cambelt, aux belt + dephaser + tensioner
31/07/2009 - 36575 miles - Specialized Renault services - 12k style service + replace both rear exhaust mounts
04/08/2008 - 24773 miles - Birchdown - 24k service
07/06/2006 - 12694 miles - Gordon Lamb renault - 12k style service (hm no service in 2007 poor little car)

So as you can see the car has had all the right services at the right times except a service missing in 2007 ????????

so this is how she looked when I got her in January except the bullets and diamonds where anthracite which I quickly swapped over to standard
20140224_140953.jpg

tried to add more pics here but failed ??????????? why do some upload and some dont and how do I link from bloody Flickr ??????? HELP PLEASE :S

Then Disaster. after owning the car for four weeks I came out of work one night to see the car had been subject to some hit and run B*****D
front wing damaged front bumper literally ripped off and grill all broken. I WAS F*****G FURIOUS.
Anyway what could I do but pick up the pieces throw them in the back of the car and drive home .
So jumps in drives a few hundred yards up the road and BANG hit a pothole and wreck nearside front tyre. AAAAAAAAArgh
Rings my dad to come and collect me and leave the car there until morning.
This is a pic on the drive next day but this is the sight i was greeted with when i found her the night before
20140228_152927.jpg

more to follow

Last edited:
  Subaru, arctic 182FF
Some people are b***ards aren't they!

Are there any cameras you could look at in your workplace car park?

Hope you get it sorted out soon mate :)

cheers mate ;) I wont let the W*****S get me down tho
Yes there are cameras but the footage on playback was at best S**T
couldnt even make out my car never mund number plates etc.
I have got the car back together but still need to replace the fender which I have now sourced and get the bumper painted as and when I can

Subaru, arctic 182FF
13423537853_0cacd6df98.jpg

GREAT SCOTT I think hes done it.
Give that man Grazo a cigar for his patience with a total flickr noob
Thanks mate :drunk:

Last edited:
  Subaru, arctic 182FF
Right need to get this little thread back on track and explain where I am up too and what plans I have for the next couple of weeks.
So to recap this is how she looked when i got her

13423436385_2e35446d9d_c.jpg

13423549533_84f339a1cc_c.jpg

and a few weeks later after the car park incident she looked like this :dead:

13423545973_bee103e4d7_c.jpg

13423547663_68ee365b2a_c.jpg

Not good at all Like I said the bumper had literally been ripped off and most of the mounting points for the bolts where damaged .
I have got it back on with plenty of messing and it sits near enough perfect so may just stick with it and get it painted when I can
Anyway with the bumper being off it was a good time to replace a cracked fog lamp, attach the skoda splitter I got in the group buy and satin black the grills and fog surrounds.
So all that done a couple of hours later the car was looking like itself again

13423785674_ff944fc3f5_c.jpg

13423788154_831703abc4_c.jpg

and a few hours after I started she was washed and hoovered and back on the road.
Still havent got rid of the sour taste in my mouth that somebody can just smash ya car and bugar off But hey ho she looking like herself againnow.
Just Really annoying knowing I had bought a well cared for car and then this happens almost straight away
Anyway she looks like this now.........I know I know the gap on those arches is HUGE

13423537853_0cacd6df98_c.jpg

Now then I have a few goodies I have bought recentley that I need to get cracking fitting so to start I will sort this little lot and then see where I am gonna go next

Stuff to fit
Cooksports (to adress that HUGE arch gap )
16" OZ F1's I am currently getting refurbed in a mid tone shadow chrome
New drivers wing (the one fitted is cracked after the incident)
VERY good condition oem steering wheel with carbon fibre insert
gear knob insert
Home made KTR style induction kit
and am currently deciding on where to buy spacers ( any advice please )

will update with pics etc as work carrys on.
I love this little car and its definitely reignited my love of driving and tinkering after a long time away from real cars and just driving family wagons.
made up I bought it

Last edited:
Such a shame to hear what happened, good to see you sticking with it though, and the plans look good to go with a already nice clean example. Wonder why your arch gap is so much? kind of a good job as the latest pic you would of removed your new splitter :p

Subaru, arctic 182FF
Such a shame to hear what happened, good to see you sticking with it though, and the plans look good to go with a already nice clean example. Wonder why your arch gap is so much? kind of a good job as the latest pic you would of removed your new splitter :p
Thanks mate . I will definitely stick with it as the car is spot on and deserves to be the best it can :)
As for the arch gap I did have it up in the air for a bit whilst messing with the bumper so that wouldnt help and also the front springs are brand new standard items so maybe they would settle a bit in time if I left them on, but they are going next week to make way for the cooksports :)
And LOL yes the splitter would have been straight off wouldnt it............note to self...........remember curbs are nasty and will damage my splitter when my cooksports are on :)

Thanks mate . I will definitely stick with it as the car is spot on and deserves to be the best it can :)
As for the arch gap I did have it up in the air for a bit whilst messing with the bumper so that wouldnt help and also the front springs are brand new standard items so maybe they would settle a bit in time if I left them on, but they are going next week to make way for the cooksports :)
And LOL yes the splitter would have been straight off wouldnt it............note to self...........remember curbs are nasty and will damage my splitter when my cooksports are on :)

Good :) Will keep an eye on this. Yeh will take a while to settle, should just about settle before you get the cooksports on, how did you get hold of them? they sell out like hot cakes!

Yep curbs are not our friends!! I keep looking at my splitter and it has marks over and I stay away from curbs and I'm not lowered. at £11 though its a cheap option.

Subaru, arctic 182FF
You told me they were in stock when I didn't really need to know ha.... My bank won't!! will need spacers now :eek:
Yup you will
Im just looking round at spacers too and have decided on width just need to decide where to get them now.
Let me know what you get if you do decide to get some
Just realised your getting Boooooooooooooost.
That is soething I would love to do but just need to save the pennies for it.
Will watch your thread for updates

I want as wide as possible without rubbing, and don't know what widths that would be yet. need to find out, was looking at the bolt to hub ones from dan@M.A.D

Will let you know what I find out :)

Yeh really excited to get the car back, just hope I've made the right decision.

Subaru, arctic 182FF
Cheers mate.
OF COURSE YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION :)
How can you go wrong with a little clio stuffed full of torque.
On the spacers from what I can gather 10mm up front and 20mm at rear is about as wide as you can go with no rubbing

Subaru, arctic 182FF
Cheers mate.
OF COURSE YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION :)
How can you go wrong with a little clio stuffed full of torque.
On the spacers from what I can gather 10mm up front and 20mm at rear is about as wide as you can go with no rubbing

Doh what am I on about with those spacer sizes there. The correct sizes I have found out that dont rub are 15mm front 10mm rear

Subaru, arctic 182FF
OK little update today
Just the usual steering wheel and headlights but I am quite pleased with the results.
The wheel isn't perfect but will do until I can get through the snappy waiting list :)
So the steering wheel was as most totally knackered so I came across a decent OEM
13547381054_8e5fea48eb_c.jpg

13547090355_8e697acdea_c.jpg

Its not perfect but it will do for now

Subaru, arctic 182FF
Next up was the headlights with the usual hazing
I used a 3m kit and I can definitely recommend it as I think it gave top results
Headlights where pretty bad beforehand as you can see
13547416164_dc11a735b4_c.jpg

So first thing was to protect surrounding areas with the supplied tape
13547429274_ab080c49fa_c.jpg

Then onto the 500 sanding disc
13547223583_98289f6fbf_c.jpg

After around 10 minutes of sanding the yellow hazing was gone and a nice smooth frosty surface remained
13547267203_682bb29371_c.jpg

Repeat with 800 and 3000 discs and onto the polishing compound and the end result is ....I think fantastic
13547673025_92fa6206e8_c.jpg