ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oem Fiesta ST

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all

I gave the st a wash and coat with poorboys black hole earlier so thought I would pop out and try and get some pics as I'm attempting (slowly) to improve with the camera

The car is totally standard apart from panther black centre console and carbon badges.

7797849934_edacdb3003_z.jpg

IMG_0576 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7797833940_562638cd1e_z.jpg

IMG_0578 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7797783246_49c39f248f_z.jpg

IMG_0582 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7797796642_db3700fc7f_z.jpg

IMG_0581 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7797906492_7c2c2e4398_z.jpg

IMG_0585 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

7797887294_65091c5e9b_z.jpg

IMG_0586 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

Engine bay after a little go with APC

7797864560_c9f03f5bcf_z.jpg

IMG_0590 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The main plan for the car is tidy it up as much as I can and enjoy it then trade it in for something bigger when I can get a deal I'm happy with.

Could someone give me advice on retaining some more quality on the pictures, I currently shoot them in raw then import them from photoshop from canons digital phot professional then edit away, then I save them as a jpeg with quality 12 - this could be where I'm going wrong?

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Very nice indeed mate!

Nice to see one with the centre caps intact! These usually fall foul and overtake you flying down a back road!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice indeed mate!

Nice to see one with the centre caps intact! These usually fall foul and overtake you flying down a back road!

Thanks! they seem to be pretty well attached still! wheels could do with a refurb though at some point

I'm really starting to like the look of these now, out of curiosity what sort of MPG are you getting?

I get about 32/33 ish throughout the week going to work and back/ around town, it does seem to struggle a bit mpg wise at motorway speeds, the revs sit quite high at 70

If you have the option on PhotoShop, try "Enhance - Adjust Lighting - Shadows/Highlights..." And have a play around with that. Should bring you back some of the detail in the shadows and highlights as they won't be as extreme.
Like this:

7798043190_f5fdcd7128_c.jpg

theycallmepaul by joe.drewery, on Flickr

That's quite noisy now, but it's been uploaded/edited twice etc, so quality won't be quite as good as if you did it straight from the camera.

Looks very clean, anyway!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I have a mate with one in the same colour but with the side + over the top stripes. Lovely wee cars imo

Take it that it's your daily? If so what's it like to live with? Seriously considering getting one as my next car in that colour too as it happens.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at the quote!

It really depends on your version of photoshop - I've only got 'Elements 10.0' but I'm sure I've never found that option on the more expensive CS4/5 versions... Just play around with the lighting basically :)

Ill have a play then thanks, I need to learn a bit more about editing photos if I want to get better results.

Take it that it's your daily? If so what's it like to live with? Seriously considering getting one as my next car in that colour too as it happens.

Day to day its great, my commute to work is only 5 or 6 miles through town its comfy for sitting in traffic (I've got the full leather which is nice) and it sits around 32mpg weekly. One thing that does let it down as stated earlier is motorways however I only use them when I'm going away or to see family so it doesn't really bother me too much.

Reliability wise its been spot on over the 10 or so months I've had it, all I've done is fitted 3 new tyres (knew it needed 2 of these when I bought it and one was due to a pucture) a new window motor and a service, nothing has gone wrong on it.

Sometimes its very much a love hate relationship but I'm glad I bought one and tried it

Very nice car mate, looks like it has been kept well!

You might want to add a K&N 57i filter though!

Thanks! If I noticed one for sale cheap I would probably buy one but I'm not really on the look out to modify it I tend to change cars often so I've given up changing them now, I'm more interested in making them as tidy as possible and enjoying them

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Only ever save in Photoshop at JPEG quality 10, higher than that and it upscales, losing quality - not to mention bloats the file size.