ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE Tyre for the 172 Cup?

Cup Packed FF200
Does anyone know what it was?

There will be two tyres (usually) that Renault would have used, 1st and 2nd choice.

I remember thinking it was Conti Sport contacts (2's probably)???

Thanks in advance.:)

RS RIP
^^ still want to try these.. i was under the assumption that the oem ones were Pilot Exaltos so i went for those last time. Very very pleased with them but i think these Contis will do very good aswell, maybe better ?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Contis are a fine all round tyre, price/grip/wear. I'm really liking my goodyear f1s right now tho.

Cup Packed FF200
Sorry to open this up again.

I need a solid confirmation of both of the OE approvals for the 172 CUP.

I believe they were Conti Sport Contacts, and in one of the posts there is a reputable chap who confirms this.

I have tried Renault, they are unable to provide an answer...can you believe it! I can.

Any solid evidence or answers gratefully accepted.

Cheers in advance.

C

Cupster

Going back to Conti's when my F1's die. F1's are better in the wet but the back doe not feel as planted wheres the fun in that ;)

Sorry to open this up again.

I need a solid confirmation of both of the OE approvals for the 172 CUP.

I believe they were Conti Sport Contacts, and in one of the posts there is a reputable chap who confirms this.

I have tried Renault, they are unable to provide an answer...can you believe it! I can.

Any solid evidence or answers gratefully accepted.

Cheers in advance.
Yep they were the continential prmium contact the 1's although there were only the one version at the time there now the 2 and 3's

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I have ContiSport3's and they've got loads of grip in the wet and dry. Much better tyre than original ContiSports and I paid £80 fitted per tyre from Blackcircles.