ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odd knocking Near side wheel arch

I have a very odd knocking noise coming from the wheel arch area on our 172 ph2, it only really happens when you have lock on the car or if you are using gearing to slow the car, say coming off a mway slip road. Nothing when setting off or at slow speeds or speed bumps etc.

At first I thought it was the heat shield, after taking it to two garages and multiple test drives no one can find the source of the noise, everything has been checked and tightened. It sound like metal on metal, track rod ends have been done, exhaust checked etc. The only thing I can find is back in 2010 i had an advisory for lower ball joints but hasn't been picked up since then I am wondering if this could be the issue?

What would the noise be like if these are the culprit? And why would it do only when turning?