ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD reader

Not a poxy Renault
I need to periodically turn off my toxic emissions light, thing is I already have an OBD / USB interface cable for my laptop from when I had an Audi and used to run VAGCOM (version of the audi / vw interface software). Is there any software to enable me to use this in the clio so that I don't have to buy a handheld reader??

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
It's likely that a vag-com cable won't work with digimoto but be interesting to see. Why not try the obd section in vag-com?

Not a poxy Renault
it was only the shareware version of vag com, though i nearly did upgrade to the full version, car was constant trouble!! so i did delete it though I'll re-install and have though the shareware is not that versatile.

Not a poxy Renault
No to Digimoto, VagCom freeware with my non official cable does not work on CAN-BUS systems apparently, is this the 05 on 182's?

Not a poxy Renault
OK software is a no go with my cable, so does anyone with an 05 on 182 have a handheld code reader which works and if so which model, there appears to be a bit of confusion as to which readers work, the Ktec one (35+£) is also on e-bay for £20 but on e-bay it states that it will not work with the CanBus system!
CanBus compatible readers are around £35-40, obviously i want the cheapest option!!

RSC 182 Cup
Whilst not within your price range, I have got a CAN bus compatible U581 which works for reading faults, but the "live data" function will not. :dapprove:

(When I say it works for faults, it gives a reading of "no faults logged", I haven't had a legit fault to try it on yet.)