ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 Online

182 Cup Racing Blue
Been with o2 online for around 4 years, want to renew my contract, called them and the best they can do for me even when I said I wanted my PAC code was a Samsung D900 with 800 minutes anytime any network with 400 texts for £32 a month + £4.99 for gold insurance........so £36.99 a month.

They would only make me deals on 18 month contracts. I want a deal for a 12 month contract but they simply won't help me out even when I threaten to leave.

Could someone please offer me some advice in to gaining a better deal with o2 online as being a loyal customer they should be offering me a better deal.

The normal deal they do is 800 minutes 200 texts for £35, so really they are giving me £3 off and 200 free texts on a 18 month contract......not good enough, not nearly good enough offer they have given me!!!!! Cheers.Adam.

get your pac code and go somewhere else?

I got my t-mobile contract down from £25pm to £5 when I said I was going to leave.

Golf R
wrong part of the forum ;) there's a few good threads in the Technology CHat section if you do a search - i know i've posted a few times in similar threads

however go through to O2 retentions and i find that they are helpful - they were last time i spoke to them. I've been with them 2 years and at last renewal got from them 500 mins and texts a month for £25 a month, including £5 discount and a further 20% loyalty......

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
im duy a renual with oz since the 20th of feb.. have they called to renew my contract to keep my custom..( i spend £200-£300 per month) have they fook!

any good deals out there at the mo?

Octavia VRS
im duy a renual with oz since the 20th of feb.. have they called to renew my contract to keep my custom..( i spend £200-£300 per month) have they fook!

I'm in the same boat mate, been able to renew since before xmas and haven't heard anything from them

Der Panzer
I use a lot of data, T-mobile are great for that. Tehy do some decent deals. Flex is a good idea.

182 RB FF
Adam, I upgraded in January. My tarrif was £30 for 500 txts and 200 minutes on a 12 month contract. I called for my pac code and they offered me 250 minutes and 900 txts plus £5 off every month.

If I went to 18month contract they would have given me 1000 mins and 1800 txt messages per month. But i didn't want 18months i get bored of the phone

Chelsea tractor
Managed to get 200mins and 500 texts, gold insurance and a free k800i the day it came out (on a 12 month contract) from o2 for £20 a month last year, after threatening to leave :) Been with them since they were Genie all those years ago...

I don't understand why they want people to go onto an 18 month contract, i suppose it ties people to them for longer. Instead of doing that, why don't they just improve their retention offers and customer service? Surely that would make more sense... I would have thought that they want to keep the customers that they've already got - do they not constitute a higher proportion of users than new customers? Still it's not a patch on Germany where a 24 month contract is the norm...

Golf R
i personally don't like 18 month contracts as i like a new phone every 12 months.... whilst you can upgrade after 12 it then gets messy as you keep extending the term of your contract. just a personal thing really.... i've always only upgraded for 12 months at a time

VW ....

I'm in the same boat mate, been able to renew since before xmas and haven't heard anything from them

Personally i wouldn't bother ,in my time of owning phones O2 have to be the biggest crock of s**t going .... 4mths on & still trying to cancel a contract that has come to the end ,after numerous phone calls i'm still receiving bills ... wtf ?? nob ends .

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just renue my 02 contract, i got a free N73 with 500 texts and 250 (+20 for that thing you get every 3 months) anytime mins for £30 a month on 12 month contract, i just phoned up and went through to retention and told the woman striaght, i'm phoning you as i know get better deals if i pretend i want to leave.

tiTTy & SV650
I get 1400 free texts and 400 minutes anytime any network on a 12month contract through o2 online having been with them 4 years too. Also got my K800i for free.

All for £30 a month.

my 400min a month has been rolling over for 2 years practically since I moved house so I have unlimited free calls really.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
when i called last year (round about this time of year!! MMM) i got no where, then called again and got 1500 txts, 200 mins and a SE w810i (when new) for £35 per month! just tell them your leaving or ask to speak to someone else!!
i also work in a retention dept so i know how to word things!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Always phone o2 Retentions directly, customer service are a waste of time for getting good deals.

0870 600 7102 - hope that is still the correct number.

You should still get a good deal but they are not as good as they were 2 years ago.

6/468 17poo
ive been waiting to renew for ages but gonna try wait till least the n95 comes out, see what i can get, dont want an 18month contract as the phone is usually s**t after a yr with battery life and boredom of the same handset, might aswell get more for being on a contract plus u can sell the old one on!!!

02 just gave me a rebate of £100 after a long argument ;)
i went through their email pages so much beter than ringing up and free!