ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Joggler - £50

1.5dci
anyone done anything unusual with their's yet?
Sitting here coding a custom UI for it atm and just considering if i need to buy another...
One for the Car is my favourite application for a second one atm, but still not sure, maybe a separate monitor and pc would be a better option albeit at around 3 times the price, then could separate it to the glove box with a dock-able dash mounted screen

Go cry to your momma!
I've popped the imagine of stephenford.org's website on a 4GB memory stick ready for getting my joggler tomorrow.

I followed his steps on the website and now when I put the memory card into my Mac or PC, no partitions show up or anything - is this correct?

I've no idea what's inside his image or even if it works until I get my joggler tomorrow!

1.5dci
not tried looking at the stick my self in windows, but as far as i'm aware you should be able to see a small 10mb (ish) partition but nothing else in windows, as the other partition is ext3, although you might be able to see both in mac, not a mac user expert though

Not sure how you did it, but the linux instructions in your mac terminal should work a treat

182FF with cup packs
Still out of stock :-(

I wonder if their decision to discount it heavilly is based on the fact that O2 are starting to sell the Dell Streak on the 4th June and they want to get rid of their back-stock of Jogglers?

edit: After speking to someone at O2 I've resorted to phoning round the local O2 stores and seeing if they are in stock.

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Its a 1.4ghz touchscreen netbook, running linux what more do you want for £50.

I don't know many netbooks that don't have a battery and need to be plugged into the mains.

If it wasn't for that I'd definitely get one though.

1.5dci
Still out of stock :-(

I wonder if their decision to discount it heavilly is based on the fact that O2 are starting to sell the Dell Streak on the 4th June and they want to get rid of their back-stock of Jogglers?

edit: After speking to someone at O2 I've resorted to phoning round the local O2 stores and seeing if they are in stock.

Yea, there is also going to be a BT product that will be competing against it, and looks to be superior over it: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/7724240/BT-to-launch-tablet-computer-to-rival-iPad.html

1.5dci
My choice of an 'ipad' replacement product would be the joojoo, although it's a bit more expensive than a cheep Chinese copy, it has alot more functionality;
https://thejoojoo.com/
I just need to get saving now!

182FF with cup packs
Those cheap chinese copies are all running either Android or Ubuntu, so all the functionality you would ever need.

A work collegue has been trying to get hold of a Joggler as well, it would seem that they are not getting any more stock of them into the UK because Openpeak have stopped making them (the Joggler is actually an Openpeak Openframe) so it looks like they were dumping stock.

This appears to be its succsessor. Looks quite cool, but I don't think it'll be anywhere as cheap. :dapprove:

I'm going to do some reading into those Chinese knockoffs and see if they are actually worth it.

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
My choice of an 'ipad' replacement product would be the joojoo, although it's a bit more expensive than a cheep Chinese copy, it has alot more functionality;
https://thejoojoo.com/
I just need to get saving now!

That looks amazing! Can't see why anyone would chose an iPad over that to be honest

Citroen DS3 DSport
I would not waste £319 on a JooJoo, there will be much better Android OS tablets available soon.

Honda. Tesla Someday
after lookin in to JooJoo, no thanks. not bad though!

Will now wait for the new Windows tablet Ballmer was bangin on about!

182FF with cup packs
Thanks to The_Gman I now have one of these and have got Ubuntu running on it.

It's not a bad little machine, I didn't realise they were dual core 1.3Ghz o_0 Thats more powerfull than my last but one PC, it's silly how much bettr technology gets.

I'm quite liking Ubuntu as well, I might stick it on my desktop as a dul boot option to have aplay.

Does any1 know where i can get a joggler as o2 have stopped selling it and i still want 1 (grr why was i so stupoid not to get 1 in july lol) i do not have an ebay account so please dont show me an ebay link

Honda. Tesla Someday
Does any1 know where i can get a joggler as o2 have stopped selling it and i still want 1 (grr why was i so stupoid not to get 1 in july lol) i do not have an ebay account so please dont show me an ebay link

To be honest, get an eBay account and buy one. I really doubt you'll find it elseware.

OR

I can buy it off eBay for you, and you can pay me a £20 finders fee! :D

182FF with cup packs
I've recently managed to get Android 2.2 (Froyo) running on my Joggler. Works pretty nicely. Certain things don't work (flash being one of them :dapprove:) due to it being an x86 system, but it works well enough for a bedside browser/media player.

182FF with cup packs

ebay's pretty much gonna be the only place now. They don't produce them any more, they were produced only for o2 based on the OpenPeak OpenFrame 7. When o2 dropped the price to £50 they all went in about 10 mins flat, which I suspect was o2's idea, they probably had a s**t load sat in a warehouse taking up space, as no-one would buy them for £100+.

I know you said don't show you an e-bay link, but these guys have one on there, so give them a ring and they might be willing to sell you it over the phone.