ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O.E Renault parts or Euro Car Parts (or similar)??

Clio Sport xxx
Hello,

I'm just looking into buying some new parts for my 8 year old 172. I generally always desire whats best for my car, but I will always looks at cheaper solutions where appropriate / suitable. If I list the parts I need, I was hoping to get some opinion on wheather they NEED to be genuine Renault or if they can happilly give the same result / longevity with aftermarket parts from somewhere like E.C.P.

1. Inner tie rod ends - E.C.P
2. Front top mounts (kit with modified inserts) - Renault
3. Rear pads - E.C.P
4. Rear discs - E.C.P
5. Battery - - E.C.P

Basically, I'm initially thinking that all I should require from Renault are the top mounts. I would appreciate if anyone can agree or advise otherwise.

Cheers!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The only thing i'd change on that list are inner tie rod ends. I've tried buying that sort of stuff from Euro for my clio and its always bad fitment.

Clio Sport xxx
Cheers for the comments - I did think twice about the inner tie rod ends. Am I right in thinking you need to replace the whole tie rod assembly if the inner ball joint is worn? I have just been down to GSF and nearly bought a pair, however, the pair they brought out were two different makes and only one of which had an additional plastic spigot thing with it :S Anyway, I left it with him to order in two of the same make, but I will now likely leave them and go to Renault for them after reading the above.

Just bought the battery and pads from ECP, but will be getting the discs from Auto-nation as they can supply genuine Renault discs delivered for less then GSF/ECP aftermarket items! :) Still best part of £100 for the pair though.... I sware 2/3 years ago they were at least half that!!! :(

Thanks

Westy. MX5
The tie rods at ECP may be the same as oe ones, depends on the manufacturer, ask the sales guy, he should know. Same goes for the other parts.

Seat Ibiza
Cheers for the comments - I did think twice about the inner tie rod ends. Am I right in thinking you need to replace the whole tie rod assembly if the inner ball joint is worn? I have just been down to GSF and nearly bought a pair, however, the pair they brought out were two different makes and only one of which had an additional plastic spigot thing with it :S Anyway, I left it with him to order in two of the same make, but I will now likely leave them and go to Renault for them after reading the above.

Just bought the battery and pads from ECP, but will be getting the discs from Auto-nation as they can supply genuine Renault discs delivered for less then GSF/ECP aftermarket items! :) Still best part of £100 for the pair though.... I sware 2/3 years ago they were at least half that!!! :(

Thanks

I thought you could get genuine rear discs with bearings and abs rings for around £110??

Clio Sport xxx
Took the car to Rentech for an inspection / 2nd opinion... turns out the topmounts and tie rods are fine, so will just be changing the discs & pads. The MOT garage were just trying to get some work!!

Rentech will be ordering my Renault discs at £95 :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Good, you want renault discs as they come with bearings pressed in.

The alternative is the brembo's g172 on here sells with the bearings in too.