ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

number plate removal

B-road bully

hi guys, i recently got some new plates, tho i cant remove the old ones!! it has some sort of rivet (i was told) when i look at it i see a hole with three small grooves, i aint got a tool to fit this. does anyone kno where to get the right tool for this, or a correct method to remove them without damagind the holes. thanks

Ford Fiesta

had a right do with out local dealer over this.

They used pads on mine so no holes were left, as I knew they rivetted them.

My brothers car which was picked up on march 1st they said they had to rivet and could not use tape. The law apparantly. (clearly false, clearly a fob off)

so yesterday I carefully drilled out the old rivets to sticky pad mount the new plates on.

This is the only way. Make sure your drill bit is sharp and small enough for the hold and you should be ok. The rear of the rivet may end up getting stuck behind thoand rattling, so you will have to take trim off or leave them be, its up to you. Depends on car too, clio MK2 the rear plate rivets end up behind the boot trim which need removing to avoid the rattle everytime you open boot.

Liam