ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Now pulling left under braking!

GSXR + KDX220
Had my tracking and camber setup on Monday ready for a track evening, it handled perfectly and tracked perfectly on and off throttle and when braking.

All evening it was fine, even braking from 110+mph, didnt once squirm badly or kick the rear out....

Now suddenly after refitting the front road tyres (which I drove it on before the track day and it was ok) its pulling quite badly when braking hard from anything above 30mph, its worse the faster I'm going.
BUT its still tracking straight when driving normally even @ 70mph, both on and off throttle :S

I just whipped the wheels off and found the bottom slider on the O/S caliper was stuck solid but managed to free it off and re-grease and now they all slide freely! But it made no difference to the problem :( Also checked everything was done up, track rod end locknuts, strut bolts etc

When travelling @ say 50mph and I brake lightly I can feel the car squirming to the left slightly, it must be brake related. Re-checked the settings on the Koni's and they're all equal, as are the tyre pressures.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
As above, my front left caliper was sticking ever so slightly and it caused it to do this under braking.

Whats the tyre wear like?

GSXR + KDX220
I'll check them and clean them up over the weekend, I have noticed if I don't drive the car for a couple of days and I pull away one side of the handbrake drags slightl.

I've tried it with 2 different sets of tyres, but I've got 4 new ones on the way too.

i'd go with handbrake catching then tbh mate as said i had it happen before but mine got bad rather quickly and used to lock the rear wheel under heavy braking

GSXR + KDX220
Its not that bad I just notice it when initially pulling away when its been stood but it seems to sort itself out. I'll clean it all up anyway to eliminate it. One thing after another lol!

yeah mine seemed just like that, and only re\lly showed its self when braking, as you've said a good clean up should hopefully do the trick