ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Nov 16, 2014] Hartside Cafe Run (Hartside Cafe)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Right guys. I know we have not had one in what seems like forever but im thinking we could do with a drive before winter comes round the corner.

As some of you may know, Hartside is a brilliant run out over near the lake district. I think it might be the tallest cafe in England ? More info here - http://www.visitcumbria.com/pen/hartside-pass.htm

We have been having NE meets up there for years. The roads are brilliant as well as the views. There is plenty of places to park up and we normally grab a bite in the cafe at the top.

Like always, it doesnt matter if you have a 1.2 or a 2.0 or even a non renault. Everyone is welcome. We are a friendly bunch.

We will meet at Durham Services at 10.00 AM on Sunday 16th of November.
Durham Services -
A1(M) - J61
Durham
DH6 5NP

We will be aiming to leave there at 10.30 AM and i hope to see you all there.

There is an event on our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClioNorthEast/). Please see here - https://www.facebook.com/events/592498004211794/

Ill leave you with this final shot of Hartside.
8342480564_43732f149b_c.jpg
Thanks, Sam!

Will see how many are attending, but may turn up. Won't be meeting at Durham though, would be taking the A69/Haydon Bridge to Alston route.

Clio 182-200
i may be up for this... never been to a meet before and i have always wanted to drive up to hartside

Clio 182-200
A mate of mine lives up ingleby just purchased a trophy had an s2000 not sure if hes on here.. ill keep an eye out for you im in middlesbrough/newton aycliff myself

Clio 172 cup
I'll be attendeding this like! Coming from Alnwick in the sticks of Northumberland ha! Be my first time at Hartside :)

Reactions: Sam
I just purchased a 182 two days ago and only live in Bowburn. Been on here for a while now but only got round to buying a 182. Love the thing. Might try and meet up for this. Been the Hartside road a few times and it is incredible.

Clio 182 Trophy
Is there many going? I am coming from Jarrow (South Tyneside) if anyone wants to convoy? I'm in split minds about heading up as its a fair trek so need some persuasion haha

2009 Clio GT
I'm up for this, as new to the world of Clios. Just need to see what money for fuel is like on Friday. Will be strange running up there in a fwd :tongueout:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I might pop along and meet you guys at hartside cafe, providing im not busy!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there many going? I am coming from Jarrow (South Tyneside) if anyone wants to convoy? I'm in split minds about heading up as its a fair trek so need some persuasion haha
You should definitely come along. If you have never done a CS meet before your missing out mate.

I'm up for this, as new to the world of Clios. Just need to see what money for fuel is like on Friday. Will be strange running up there in a fwd :tongueout:
It will be great fun mate. Always a good run up there and I'll be taking lots of pics to.

May pop along in the twingo.
Should definitely.

I might pop along and meet you guys at hartside cafe, providing im not busy!
Get yourself there. Will be great fun.

E92 M3
Cant believe more people arnt going to this. The weather is looking good and it will be the last blast out in months!

2009 Clio GT
I think I'll just have a quick catch up with you guys before you head over. After doing a crazy amount of hours at work this week after tomorrow, Sunday is the only day I have to myself before starting it all over again, so I'll have to skip.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I think I'll just have a quick catch up with you guys before you head over. After doing a crazy amount of hours at work this week after tomorrow, Sunday is the only day I have to myself before starting it all over again, so I'll have to skip.
If it's the only day to yourself there's nothing better than having some quiet time flying along some roads.

2009 Clio GT
Ha ha ha. I only have a GT, so not much flying:tonguewink: Never know, see how the mood takes me when I get to Bowburn :nomouth: Lol.

Reactions: Sam

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ha ha ha. I only have a GT, so not much flying:tonguewink: Never know, see how the mood takes me when I get to Bowburn :nomouth: Lol.
We have loads of members who come to these meets with 1.2 clios. I have a Mini.
Its all about just coming out with a group of car enthusiasts, have a nice drive and getting to know one and another.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I will be attending. Another 2 of my friends will be also, one driving his Seat Ibiza :)
Nice.

Anyone can attend.

Ill be at teesside park at 8.30 in Mcdonalds car park. Grabbing some breakfast then leaving there at 9.

Be driving to Durham services after that to get there for 10.

Let me know via pm if any of you guys are coming to teesside park so I can look out for you.

See you all tomorrow.

Sam.

Did head up over Hartside about 12:30ish I think, was running later than I would have liked after trying to sort a misfire out. I may have seen a Clio or two at the garage in Alston as I went past, kind of did a double take as I wasn't expecting it, waited about 10mins at the top with no other Clios, so decided to enjoy the other side and went on down to Keswick.
Got to love those roads :wink:
AC88B1E2-B503-46A8-A5CB-0291AB4DC010_zpsmjjbenw5.jpg
813f0125-5ba0-4ab6-9292-6e7027da611a_zps3341a9fb.jpg

Clio Sport 197
Ahh okay just missed out :/ would you be posting it on here when its happening (dont have facebook haha)

Clio Sport 197
Ahh okay just missed out :/ would you be posting it on here when its happening (dont have facebook haha)