ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Notchy 2nd, Alignment not syncro question.

Clio 182 Titanium
Hi Guys,
after rebuilding the 182 from an incident, and having the subframe off, I had to disconnect the gearchange rod from the box. just a 13mm pinch bolt I think. The question is, how do you bolt it back up in the right place. Ive got it all good in all gears except 2nd which has a slight notch on it. I know people complain of sync mesh problems and all that, but as I did the linkage by eye. I'd prefer to think this is the cause.
I just got the girlfriend to hold it roughly in neutral and I set the box linkage to neutral roughly, then pinched the bolt back up... but what is the correct procedure?
thanks,
just ordered one of the better quality short shift rods to see if it helps, not the whole replacement gearknob one but the small selector rod.
box has proper elf oil just been refilled. any ideas, thanks.
just fitted powerflex dogbone too...

Clio 182 Titanium
cheers Fred, thought I was on the right course Ill just keep retrying the neutral-neutral, pinch and try method. not using 2nd till its sorted.

Lionel Richie
the key is the height of the main linkage rod (the hollow tube) make sure the end of it is far enough over the solid rod on the box also, otherwise it crushes the tube when you do up the pinch