ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not sure about my remap

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
irstly, I'd like to just say that I no doubt dispute the work was carried out last year at K-Tec at the expense of the previous owner.

However I was just driving back from the cinema and gave it some beans and the rev limiter kicked in just before 7k. I was under the assumption that the rev limiter was increased to 7.5k with the remap?

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Nope I never give it the beans until the oil is warmed up and it's been running for a few miles.

As far as I am aware the gauge on the dash is water temp and hits the middle after a few mins, however the increased rev limit won't show for a good 15-20 mins driving...

Believe the rev limit is normally around 6500/6800 cold and raises to 7250< depending on map

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Bear in mind the rev limit is controlled by water temperature, so even if you have been driving a while, if the water temps isn't up then the limiter will still be low - even if the guage says its warm.

Are you sure the ecu only reads water temp for rev limit?

What map is the OP talking about? I bought my 182 with a K-Tech "group N" remap that was fitted by its first owner years ago, it revs to nearly 8 (only tried once, nevver again!) and wish it didn't...

edit reason: explanation - I wish it diddn't because on track I was running it to just under 7 and any higher wouldn't have made me go any faster, only increased the risk of engine damage...

Revving to 7 is plenty for anything other than a cammed, ITB'd engine and then a custom map is essential!

To the OP, don't worry, if you diddn't pay for the modification (like me) then I wouldn't worry ether way!

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Are you sure the ecu only reads water temp for rev limit?

What map is the OP talking about? I bought my 182 with a K-Tech "group N" remap that was fitted by its first owner years ago, it revs to nearly 8 (only tried once, nevver again!) and wish it didn't...

edit reason: explanation - I wish it diddn't because on track I was running it to just under 7 and any higher wouldn't have made me go any faster, only increased the risk of engine damage...

Revving to 7 is plenty for anything other than a cammed, ITB'd engine and then a custom map is essential!

To the OP, don't worry, if you diddn't pay for the modification (like me) then I wouldn't worry ether way!

Yeah dude, 85 degrees iirc, and also you need to have the revs up a few times to stablise the temperature, so say you drive normal for 15 mins, floor it, it revs out, then take it easy for a few secs, then floor it again, the water pump spinning up with the revs cause the coolant/water to shoot round - colder water passes the sensor and the ecu reg's the water temp as dropping under 85 degrees causing the lower limiter to kick in.

So a few mins of up and down the revs, will stablise the temperature so you dont end up going from the lower limiter to the higher lol

Evo 5 RS
yus, aslong as the thermostats ok normally just takes 5 or 10 minutes keeping it under 3k if you've got sympathy, then go wild