ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Normal Dans R26 Megane F1

Megane r26
So today a few bits turned up, about there now ready for my week off at the end of the month so I can get stuck in with the work.

New drop links and anti twist links, genuine TRW (used by Renault) but at a much cheaper price off mister auto online.

260200A6-81FF-48AD-A3DD-335A74834931_zpszovoceix.jpg

Just the wishbones to get now which I'll get off Ads before end of the month

Megane r26
Are you dropping the lot down dan? As in engine, box, subframe etc

Subframe (more of a cross member tbh) with the steering rack still attached as it seems easiest way. I'll leave the lower arms attached too and just undo the 3 bolts on bottom of hub.

I'll then swap lower arms on the floor, then I'll just take the whole leg's off and swap coilovers then.

I'll leave engine in and out support across the top no doubt and swap clutch, flywheel and slave then I'll fit the decat whilst it's all out the way as there awkward at best of time

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Subframe (more of a cross member tbh) with the steering rack still attached as it seems easiest way. I'll leave the lower arms attached too and just undo the 3 bolts on bottom of hub.

I'll then swap lower arms on the floor, then I'll just take the whole leg's off and swap coilovers then.

I'll leave engine in and out support across the top no doubt and swap clutch, flywheel and slave then I'll fit the decat whilst it's all out the way as there awkward at best of time
All I've got to do is locate an engine crane that doesn't f**king leak!! Then it's all coming out.

Megane r26
So Saturday is the day of reckoning, it finally goes under the knife!

Going to fitting

Scorpion RS240 exhaust with decat.
BC coilovers
R26r clutch
SMF lightened flywheel
slave cylinder
And all new tie links!

I think the missus will be happy as this is the state of the house, after me rummaging through parts earlier when I got up.

D15B06EA-F516-4F44-9FB7-316E9E6243E6_zpsnxnhtz7u.jpg

52DACEAE-6E66-4889-8545-7EEF213740B9_zpsbpdtn83g.jpg

AEEECA13-BFB5-4E90-A0EA-5133DDBC2F9B_zpsazpanwp9.jpg

Also ordered a new airtec intercooler and injectors and hopefully go for mapping at RS tuning early March.

After that apart from a few track days and basic maintenance it'll be staying as it is as I decided after 4 years the time was right to pop the question and ask the missus to marry me!

4BAB97D7-EAE5-418C-8294-BFFE771D0490_zpsujzodakq.jpg

So wedding booked for July 2016 I'll be living at work to save the money ASAP!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Be interesting to see how you get on with the BC's - I've been told they're horrible on the road!

Megane r26
Be interesting to see how you get on with the BC's - I've been told they're horrible on the road!

Tbh mate I've rode in various cars with the BC br's on (s2000, 200sx, e36 m3) and yes there firm but there not crashy.

I've gone for the softer rear (fast road) setup for now but I'll no doubt go for the harder spring when it becomes purely a trackday toy. I know @Gray and @MicKPM are big fans of them

Well made a start, got a few bits off and that and wd40'd some stuff so it should come off with ease

01D4C653-7AA5-4442-8322-0E4EEFBE28EB_zpsu2c6qpca.jpg

Megane r26
Well what a mare we had yesterday.

The car came to pieces a treat and it was safe to say the dual mass flywheel was well and truly fucked! Not even covered 50k since it was fitted by Renault under warranty and worse still two of the bolts were finger tight! Nice one Renault! Also found the rear main seal to be leaking so popped a new one in too for good measure.

So once the box was in decided before anything more goes in I'd get the cat off and fit the down pipe, was a little fidderly coming off as couldn't get much leverage on the bottom bolt with the obstruction spanner but a little bit of ingenuity sorted that ;)

So came to fit the scorpion rs240 down pipe and it didn't mate up to the turbo due to the amount of weld on the inside of the flange!

Reworked Flange

32076DD8-61FF-449E-B34B-0108616EDCBC_zpsz48f9hae.jpg

Rewelded from the rear for sealing and added strength

6D5ED0E9-F5FE-4682-AF5E-0385D76F1B8C_zps0pz5u6du.jpg

Must add how our weld is a little neater ;)

So we machined it down and re welded from the rear for strength and it fits a treat, although I did contact mark from Whybee last night who got back to me straight away and said they knew there was a problem and have since reworked it and is sending me the new pipe but just couldn't get in touch as he had no contact details, great customer service.

Anyway once this was sorted we thought we had better makesure we can get a clutch pedal and bleed the slave.

So I connected it up and let it gravity bleed at first then some pumping of the pedal and we seemed to have a nice pedal that was actually a tad heavier then before, no doubt due to the r26r pedal but the cylinder was still dripping when it was supposed to be sealed, turns out I must of nicked the o ring when clipping it together so had to pinch one of the old ones.

Here's a few pics of the job in hand, sorry for lack of pics but you know how it is when you get going.

Box out

330C8F58-D726-4231-94A1-F8A750BB2FFC_zpsgpyvrbng.jpg

Me mate who was giving me a chick posing for the camera, he's a Virgin to the megane haha

F59DDF17-27DB-4B94-894C-481BC9A763FF_zpsbfsedg1l.jpg

Bits on the floor

060F0A98-DCF6-43BB-841D-2B82DAF1D738_zpsm0jqtqla.jpg

How it stands

E8009FE6-10B5-4014-A16A-651EFAD499F3_zpsoknemi1s.jpg

After this we decided to call it a day as after mucking around with a few landrover it was getting late so this is how it stands

E8009FE6-10B5-4014-A16A-651EFAD499F3_zpsoknemi1s.jpg

All the new bits have been swapped over onto rear crossmember and the it basically needs throwing up, shafts in, coils on and setting roughly and ecu and battery back in.

Expect more updates tomorrow as I've got "wedding" appointments today.

If it wasn't for the pesky problems with the downpipe it would have been singing and dancing by the end of the day but it really slowed the job up!

Safe to say I reckon I could knock out me next megane clutch out in 4 hours easily as I didn't find it too bad a job

Megane r26
Well sorry for lack of pictures but it's been rather busy past few days with a few wedding plans and the car.

So it's finally back together, biggest issue that slowed the job up was just how poor the exhaust fitted but it's at a point where I'm happy now and just the odd tweak once it's all settled.

So for an few pictures I did take

First off the new airtec intercooler

AA20CC5C-31BF-4A34-9094-8BC810E3E781_zps7h9fxlld.jpg

BA2BDCD4-6BEE-4C51-8411-A6A1F1F5DCAC_zpsnw2l4wmp.jpg

Pretty straight forward to fit and it's brought the intake temps down lovely especially after extended hard driving ;)

Then all I had to do was fit the rear coilovers, again can't fault the BC's for there quality and fitment was bang on

FC1C0370-7244-4F61-A8DF-BF37C07A220D_zpszlnw020m.jpg

And the pic of it sat on all fours

3A2AD67F-9076-4500-BC75-C0955B78B96E_zpsljvgpzon.jpg

I think I'm going to raise the rear ever so slightly just to give it a little more nose down stance and a bit more take.

So a summary of the past few days.

R26r clutch fitter

Solid mass lighted flywheel fitted

New OE slave cylinder fitted

New lower arms and all links replaced

BC coilovers fitted

Scorpion rs240 3 inch turbo back with decat fitted

So how has it transformed the car?

The clutch has more of a heavy feel and a bit more snatchy but I actually like that in a clutch as it feels a lot more positive

The bc's feel great on the road on there softest setting, little more firm but not as crashy as standard r26 suspension

And now for the exhaust, well it sounds good, that typical whoosh you seem to get. I also like the way it delivers boost now, little more aggressive lower down and feels like it has more go in it and can't wait to get the it mapped and bigger injectors at the end of the month

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well sorry for lack of pictures but it's been rather busy past few days with a few wedding plans and the car.

So it's finally back together, biggest issue that slowed the job up was just how poor the exhaust fitted but it's at a point where I'm happy now and just the odd tweak once it's all settled.

So for an few pictures I did take

First off the new airtec intercooler

AA20CC5C-31BF-4A34-9094-8BC810E3E781_zps7h9fxlld.jpg

BA2BDCD4-6BEE-4C51-8411-A6A1F1F5DCAC_zpsnw2l4wmp.jpg

Pretty straight forward to fit and it's brought the intake temps down lovely especially after extended hard driving :wink:

Then all I had to do was fit the rear coilovers, again can't fault the BC's for there quality and fitment was bang on

FC1C0370-7244-4F61-A8DF-BF37C07A220D_zpszlnw020m.jpg

And the pic of it sat on all fours

3A2AD67F-9076-4500-BC75-C0955B78B96E_zpsljvgpzon.jpg

I think I'm going to raise the rear ever so slightly just to give it a little more nose down stance and a bit more take.

So a summary of the past few days.

R26r clutch fitter

Solid mass lighted flywheel fitted

New OE slave cylinder fitted

New lower arms and all links replaced

BC coilovers fitted

Scorpion rs240 3 inch turbo back with decat fitted

So how has it transformed the car?

The clutch has more of a heavy feel and a bit more snatchy but I actually like that in a clutch as it feels a lot more positive

The bc's feel great on the road on there softest setting, little more firm but not as crashy as standard r26 suspension

And now for the exhaust, well it sounds good, that typical whoosh you seem to get. I also like the way it delivers boost now, little more aggressive lower down and feels like it has more go in it and can't wait to get the it mapped and bigger injectors at the end of the month
Tracking done?