ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not Normal Dans R26 Megane F1

Megane r26
Well yesterday went on a little adventure with @SteBurns to somewhere near RAF cosford in the middles to look at a potential new motor for Ste.

After much pondering over replacements he came to his senses (or at least in my opinion haha) and bought a lovely example of a megane trophy!

2FC681E1-82B8-401E-87E4-709E3CDCB486_zps9yzefs3v.jpg

The car has been enthusiast owned and down the road felt lovely and solid with a nice bit of grunt!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Ste's Trophy looks nice.

I've read that the SMF can cause the engine management light to come on constantly due to it being lighter? It's something I'm looking into if it's possible on mine, may as well stick uprated parts in if I'm getting it opened up.
Extra power is also good :wink:

I've had the RS Tuning SMF on for 2000 miles with no light so far.

Megane r26
Ste's Trophy looks nice.

I've had the RS Tuning SMF on for 2000 miles with no light so far.

Yeah it's a real nice example, 2 owner car and enthusiast owned.

In regards to the flywheel it seems luck of the draw, some lads have the light on and some don't, either way it's getting mapped haha

Megane r26
So due to me not being able to leave nothing alone today whilst I was at work I thought I'd whip the breather pipe off between the top of the rocker cover and top of the inlet manifold (one with brown and black valve in).

Basically when it was running I could hear a whistling noise (kind of like an air leak) coming from the valve at idle.

So I thought I'd whip it off and pressurise it on the bench at work. Unfortunately whilst removing I broke the brittle solid pipe that goes between.

So I spent this morning looking around work for some pipe I could use to limp me home and after much swearing I came up with this

930794F3-8505-4501-A02A-981D36563E72_zpsrbt2top7.jpg

It's heat shrunk on and zip tied at both ends but it's only got to do 6 miles

Ordered a new one off ads for 28 quid, but to add insult the one way valve was perfectly operational and that noise it generates was just air passing through!

Megane r26
Well another day another delivery, this time in the shape of a valeo slave cylinder to go with that new clutch and flywheel.

8FB969CC-42FA-40D2-9D66-7C2E6DFA3B49_zpsvqu97zi3.jpg

Now just for the flywheel bolts that's should be here tomorrow and that breather pipe so I can get back to boosting and less tickling

Well another day another delivery, this time in the shape of a valeo slave cylinder to go with that new clutch and flywheel.

8FB969CC-42FA-40D2-9D66-7C2E6DFA3B49_zpsvqu97zi3.jpg

Now just for the flywheel bolts that's should be here tomorrow and that breather pipe so I can get back to boosting and less tickling

I could've got you that for £30 :(

Megane r26
Let me know if you need anything from ECP in future, should be able to sort you out.

Cheers mate, much appreciated. I'm always using them when I'm working on other peoples cars, plus they stock lemfordner which in my opinion some of the best balljoints you can get aftermarket

Cheers mate, much appreciated. I'm always using them when I'm working on other peoples cars, plus they stock lemfordner which in my opinion some of the best balljoints you can get aftermarket

Get yourself a cash account set up mate, make up a "business" name for your account, mock up a business card and nip in. I set loads up when I worked there for people that did side bits.

Megane r26
Sweet mate, I'll do that. Don't they want vat numbers?

I do quite a lot of work you see being ex motor trade I still like to keep my hand in

Sweet mate, I'll do that. Don't they want vat numbers?

I do quite a lot of work you see being ex motor trade I still like to keep my hand in

Nope, just a business card or some sort of letter head. Ask for a cash account as you're just starting out and you want to use them instead of GSF/Unipart or whoever. Whatever price they say, just say it's £X cheaper at a competitor and they'll match it.

Megane r26
Nope, just a business card or some sort of letter head. Ask for a cash account as you're just starting out and you want to use them instead of GSF/Unipart or whoever. Whatever price they say, just say it's £X cheaper at a competitor and they'll match it.

Awesome mate, next time I pop in I'll do that for sure

Megane r26
Well the said breather turned up today, had this from ads and Wolverhampton Renault and really can't recommend him enough for his knowledge and customer service.

66F7791B-E526-4EF0-93BF-E16602D92B68_zpsvgvumkrc.jpg

So I removed the quick dessert repair

79EF9E56-C2E2-4880-872E-6A50E59C7296_zpshgzlp3so.jpg

Popped in the new one and bobs your uncle

B55F9F6F-B42D-4EE4-B1D0-369CCCE93C21_zpsw8zw1vxr.jpg

The new pipe seemed much more flexible then the old one that had clearly gone brittle over years after all the heat exposure

Saved the old pipe as you never know could be of use one day ha

1B9F57E8-1C0B-46F3-A3B2-7D1B463BB0DD_zpsfwjarvpy.jpg

Megane r26
So finally picked up a set of these little beauties

921BABFC-CD8E-4EFC-9F80-8B48FE6EFF08_zpstnrkvk3v.jpg

BC racing BR series coilovers, a few friends have used these on various cars and always been happy with handling and finish and how durable they are so thought I'd buy a set, they also come with pillow ball camber top mounts

Megane r26
That'll do nicely on the road. Stiffer at the rear for the track for definite though I'd say. Fronts might need upping as well though. Best advice - try it and adjust it if you feel it's necessary.

The trackday kit comes with 7kg front and rear.

Tbh there springs are fairly reasonably priced to and the delivery is really quick!

Megane r26
So as we all know Santa came (or a 5ft something brunette known as my missus) and she bought me this.

E08628B1-D03B-4BE4-BA54-578D722EF814_zps3k6mmxum.jpg

Had a quick play earlier and stuck one of the adhesive mounts above the clock display.

Still a little stuffed as what mounts to use on trackdays as I know javelin don't like the auction mounts

Megane r26
Yeah they cut down on the noise really well mate. Need to upload the video of the cup and the T!

Yeah, on your vids the only real noise you hear is actual background not vibrations so for a few quid I'll get one ordered today.

Yeah that vids over a year old now ha, I am impressed how all the live video is relayed back to me phone as I'm filming and I can control it all from the app on me phone. Great bit of kit!

Megane r26
So progress has been slow with Christmas and New year but just the last few bits and bobs to order and surgery will begin this month when I have my week off.

On a plus note I have booked a bit of track time, well an evening session for the 6th of May. I'll no doubt do one before then but seeing as I had so money off parents I'd put it to good use.

So the track of choice.......

A4FFDC33-7792-4EDC-8835-7A03ADFF28E6_zpsjr3n1iij.jpg

Seems to be really popular on here and rsmegane and the videos look great, looks very involving and good fun!