ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

not getting up to temperature

As the title says my car ain't getting up to temperature. Basically it gets to dead on half then it stays here which is obviously preventing me from getting on the 'warm' map.

I replaced the thermostat yesterday and the seal had a hole in it so presumed that was the problem.

Any ideas what else could be causing It?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
IIRC it's oil temperature not the water temp that defines when the cold limiter comes off (I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong).

It does take a fair time for the car to warm up enough, I do a 20 min drive to work and it only just gets up to temp by the time I get to work.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
IIRC it's oil temperature not the water temp that defines when the cold limiter comes off (I'm sure someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong).

It does take a fair time for the car to warm up enough, I do a 20 min drive to work and it only just gets up to temp by the time I get to work.

it would be difficult, there's no oil temp sensor

Only revving to 6k doesn't sound like cold limiter to me, that would be at 6.8k. I had one in doing this last week, and a set of sparkplugs fixed it (It had bosch plugs fitted)

If it's still doing it then a thermostat is well overdue in most 172/182s

It's around 6.5ish it limits, the journey I do takes about 20mins but it gets to halfway about 5mins into it.

I have a 182 and that tends to sit about 2 bars above half so presumed all 1*2's sat there.

Changing the thermostat has done nothing to help the matter :(

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
If you have changed the thermostat and it didn't make any difference, then you might want to change the temp sender sensor as well.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's around 6.5ish it limits, the journey I do takes about 20mins but it gets to halfway about 5mins into it.

I have a 182 and that tends to sit about 2 bars above half so presumed all 1*2's sat there.

Changing the thermostat has done nothing to help the matter :(

At what point do you try it to see where the limiter is? After 5 minutes once the needle's risen or after 20 minutes?

The last 2-3mins I tried it. The only other time I tried it was after an 80mile round trip the day I bought it.

My 182 gets onto the warm map after about 10mins of driving in this weather.

Mercedes slk 320
thats faulty on mine, it stalls when im slowing down/under braking regardless of whether or nor the clutch is in. random as to when it happens and it can go for weeks without doing it - looked the sensor up - around 80 of the finest queens pounds - if you change yours you can do mine for me as well if you want ;-)

il pay ya :)

If I fix mine I'll happily come sort yours aswell.

I also have the stalling thing going on. I was advised to unplug the lamba sensor to see if it cures it and it did.

FF Racing Blue 182
bit of a daft question ive got about the temp sensor

would it cause the car to run rich/high emissions if not working as it should and can old spark plugs have the same effect

Thought I would update this. Still haven't sorted the problem, even changed my ecu and that's not sorted it.Not really sure what to try next tbh.