ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not another one (EK9 content)

A couple of you on here will already know (Chris/Firas/Alex) that this was happening and now I've finally picked it up.

These pics are ones the previous owner took, at some point I'll get the DSLR out and take some proper shots but for now this will give you an idea.

Current spec

- Bride low position drivers seat rail
- Spoon intake elbow with custom cold air feed
- Spoon strut braces front and rear
- Tein flex coilovers with EDFC
- 5Zigen fireball exhaust system
- 5Zigen pro spec header 2.5” (Currently restoring so has not been fitted)
- Clifford Avant Guard alarm system
- Volk Rays TE37’s (15x7 ET38)
- Rays center caps
- Mugen number plate bolts
- Buddy club forged wheel nuts

Initial plans are

-Fit my Alpine, amp and sub (possibly uprate the factory speakers as they appear to be s**t)
-Replace the stickers on the wheels with genuine rays items as the ones currently fitted are the wrong size.
-New front and rear red "H" badges
-full and thorough cavity waxing/underseal and stonechip coating sometime during the summer.
-Rocker cover refurbed with OEM red wrinkle paint as mine has started to come off in a couple of areas.
-Polish or replace the headlamps as they've got a hint of the usual JDM fogging going on.
-Refit some JDM amber side repeaters.
-Bin off the bumper mounted fog light and wire it up to the rear lamp.

Aside from that just get out and enjoy the thing. Items like an MCS, some lower braces, decat, 16's and a few JDM bits of bling are the long term plans but don't expect updates on the level of Firas' monster build.

RIMG0703.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

RIMG0489.jpg

RIMG0514.jpg

RIMG0724.jpg

RIMG0717.jpg

It's not perfect (I'm a picky fucker) but it's as good as I think I'll realistically find for a 99 car. It's only got 62,000 on the clock was a 4B grade import and the guy I bought it from SORN'd it over the winter so it's never been subjected to grit/salt we use. It came with all the documents and Japanese service history too which not only backs up the mileage but is nice to have given so many arrive here with nothing but an auction sheet and keys.

Cheers fella, I'd all but given up tbh. I was so close to just picking myself up a cheap 182 and using the rest of the 9 budget paying off some of my mortgage lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Si, that's f**king hot!

So so much want. Really. The missus mentioned how it looks boy racer ish and I can kinda understand where she's coming from but would I give a f**k?

It really is "cool" I really really would love to own one for the experience.

It's only taken you 2 years? At least you got one before Turner. ;)

He text me with a hint of jealousy earlier. :eek:

lol, I've probably been toying with the idea that long mate you're right. Sold the Clio back in October/November time so it's been a fair few months resisting the temptation to just sack the idea off and buy something else. Only thing that kept me from giving up was knowing that really the chances of owning one in my life that isn't f**ked or rotten will get increasingly unlikely as they age so really had to scratch the itch before it was too late.

He'd be f**ked in mine with the Bride seat rail on the drivers side anyway lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Booster seat much!

The only guy I know that would be looking to fit higher seats! ;)

I jest. Really glad you got one dude. I know you mentioned it back and forth.

Hopefully get you posting again!

Looking forward to more pics. I need a drivd of Merk's!

Knows.

I still do post!

I thought you'd had a shot in it, didn't realise you'd just been out in it without driving it. My brother now wants one after taking him out in it tonight lol

White Sti Hatch
Gally you want one if you drive merk ! there awesome i just wanted rid of mine waaaaay to many problems to sort on it !

Charged Superleggera
Congrats Si. Glad you held out for the right one mate:)

How you liking the edfc then?

It's actually not powered up at the moment. The rear solenoids he was supplied by Dunc were the wrong fitment. All the harness is run in along the car loom, the fronts are fitted but the unit just needs plugging in once the rears are connected. I need to sort some helicoils or time serts to get them to mate up with the top of the dampers. Once that's done at some point in the next few weeks I'll let you know what I make of it mate. How they're set right now they actually ride very well, firm but not crashy. Very liveable.

Ph1 172
i f**king love these... would have one and get it turbo'd. Best of both worlds.

Just wont pay the money they go for, its mad prices.

CBR1K, F21 125D
I know this car ;)

Good purchase.

Can you not wire that rear fog into on of the reverse lights?

That's stunning mate!
I honestly like that better than all the 'add ons' that get chucked at these!!
Great buy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Knows.

I still do post!

I thought you'd had a shot in it, didn't realise you'd just been out in it without driving it. My brother now wants one after taking him out in it tonight lol

We just never got the chance for me to take it a blast. Soon though!

Oh and those wheels are x100 better than Firas'. No offence! ;)
@bio. Totally understand about your one dude. Shame because they are epic machines in general.

So much want!

Last edited:
We just never got the chance for me to take it a blast. Soon though!

Oh and those wheels are x100 better than Firas'. No offence! ;)
@bio. Totally understand about your one dude. Shame because they are epic machines in general.

So much want!

Get it done, although you may end up getting the bug once you've had a run in it.

I like Regas just prefer them in 16's. As for my Rays, I'm not overly a fan of them cosmetically (colour, diameter and offset) that said having had one off they're unbelievably light so until something else of comparable quality comes along they're staying put. I will not be chopping them in for some fake s**t wheels that are more aesthetically pleasing!

Pace they're not dissimilar to the 1*2's tbh. It's just a different drive, hard to describe really, more direct, raw, visceral. Much better seating position/seats. Gearbox is far superior to the Clio too.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pace they're not dissimilar to the 1*2's tbh. It's just a different drive, hard to describe really, more direct, raw, visceral. Much better seating position/seats. Gearbox is far superior to the Clio too.

A great description in a short sentence mate.

Sense of speed can be subjective depending on the car and i'm sure when "on it" the ek would "feel" quicker!

Like driving an old 205 gti! Mistake fun for near death!

Like that, some tasty mods too. That header looks nice and shiny.

Only criticism i would have is white wheels on a CW car, just looks so wrong. If it were me id have to get them done in CW.

120d M Sport
Nice spec, I'm sceptical of these but that looks alright. Not too plastered in 'for the sake of it' scene bits, only bit I'm not keen on is the exhaust backbox.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
About bloody time. Now lend Chris a fiver so he can get one. Shut the pair of you JDM sperm monkeys up!

(Looks good)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's a civic mate plus I've got 10 years to midlife I reckon. I'd agree if I'd picked up a Westfield lol

I just can't get my head around them, sorry mate. I appreciate they're good cars but the prices they fetch and the rediculous cost of tuning parts for them just makes me Raff out roud.

Not for me.