ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NOS FOR CUP

Where can i get it from, how much and can anyone fit it? anyone now anyone good that can fit it aound sheffield/south yorkshire..could i get 100 bhp jets or would 75bhp be better..thanks to all clio chums

100bhp relying on the knock sensor alone would and could be a bit iffy.

Stick to 50bhp jets, itll last longer and give you peice of mind.

Fitting is a simple proocess and the instructions will allow you to do it, if you can wire a plug and drill 2 holes youer fine.

any kit will do, the kits arent specific.

i can get a kit for about 589 list price with no VAT to pay, most places will charge that plus VAT so your looking at a good 649 etc from dealers etc.

Group buys can get it down to about 450 quid. Its the street blaster 100i kit and incs everything you need.

http://www.noswizard.comwww.noswizard.com

You still get the same gaurantee if you get it installed from a certified place, but no bother, i never do and its dead simple.

enjoy

cuppy what are you gonna do with NOS? straight line shootouts???

anyway sounds fun. I look forward to hearing the updates.

philip..thought i would go looking for craggy he he he ....after a while you always crave more power..think nos is the best value for money bhp increase you can get!!!!! have you thought about getting it mate

tell me about it... getting engine mods on this stooooopid car is like extracting milk from an Iraqi camel in a sandstorm... Cant get anything and if you do discuss some stuff you invariably get the "ooooohh thats gonna cost" look. what a load of boll*x.

NOS wouldnt work for me as I get my kicks on track - little straight line stuff. Would be a laugh though...

Can understand where youre coming from. Whoop Craggys a*se. Thats what I say...

yup, its fantastic fun, and after the frst 5 bottles when the novelty wears off and you settle down.

If you want the kit and are prepared to buy it i can arrange it, but like i said, 2 kits are cheaper than 1, 3 more than 2 so on and on......so you can get as much discount as you can by gathering more orders, of which i am always interested in, ill ask a few more people if you dont want it ASAP.

philip - lets find craggy and let his tyres down..might be the only chnce we have in beating him!!!!! i know the cup will beat him but he has such a rep that im scared to mention it!!! (piss now running down leg like an old man)

benr-definately int in buying tomorow really but a bit worried about fitting it and wot might happen to the engine..will the engine take 25 bhp no problem!!!

engien will be fine on 25bhp, there was a chap in turkey running 75bhp with no ignition control.....so the knock sensor seems to be doign its job, plus trev is more than happy to let it to.

You want it tomorrow, ill see if i can round up some buyers quickly.......

the wizard kit is wet and has no accesoried but you get the better injector with me.

Wet kit....dont bother fiddling with a dry kit........since the fuel pressure reg is intank.

Mk2 172

Was looking at getting a personalised number plate, but dedcided that it would be better spent on NOS. (Plates dont make the car go faster)

I was just waiting for definite numbers.....

Because if there are 2 people saying yes, but the other pulls out after i give the price.....then obviously its going to go up again.

How many people......3 people would make a far nicer difference to all of you.

I just had a zex nitrous kit fitted to my 16v for £690 from scc performance in st.albans.The only thing is it only had enough N/O in it for them to test but it looks the b******s.At the moment its only got the 55bhp jets on it but u get 65 and 75bhp ones with it to.Hopefully get it filled up for santa pod this sunday and ill let u know

there is an option of a larger bottle thatn the one it comes with.

I run 2 9lb bottles in my boot....that can alst up to 2-3 weeks of occasional use.

it comes with a 5lb bottle.....which might last on 50bhp for about 15-25 seconds full song.

But, secret is....dont pay silly amounts for nitrous bottles....go out and get a used CO2 fire extinguisher bottle...as large as you want...take the top off and replace it with your existing valve.......thats what i run! hehehe

Quote: Originally posted by mo-- on 18 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 18 June 2003

um....thats a generous estimate too! haha

it dosent last long, but you rarely use it nonstop....
how much for bottle
its about 2 quid something per lb of nitrous........how bigs yer bottle?

paul....why bother with a dry system?

its more complex, you have to plumb in a positive pressure feed to the regulator ans its just too much hassle when you can use a simple and better wet system.

seriously yes.....

get a small fire extinguisher........hold it open and see how long it lastes,.....not very!

but the point is you never just hold it on gas non stop....just ues it for take offs and boosts...one your up to speed flick it off as N20 gives you the biggest gains in torque at lower rpm.....at higher rom the feeling is lessened.

benr where are we mate in terms of purchasing at discount..how much can you get if for again mate just if myself was purchasing.. who could fit it as noz wizard want 300 plus vat and nearly two days to do it!!!! cheers benr for your help and advise as always..

If its yourself i could get it (from the last time i checked with him) 589 quid, normal price but no VAT since im no company.

Fitting, it comes with instructions...all it is is mount 2 solenoids (2 bolts), mount a micro switch and arming switch.....if you can wire a plug...you set.

Oh, and tap into the fuel line with the supplied T peice.

Its mailed to you, getting it fitted....well, dunno....ive always done my own.

2-3 people would really take a fair lump off the price though, and to be brutally honest......me doing all the paper work for 1 kit and bothering him is a bit well......no offence at all mate......useless.

noooooooooooooooo come on guys let gets nos and do fast and furious on craggys ass!!!! still porbably wouldn wine even with 1000bhp jets!!! is this price through...who mate...noz wizard..he quoted me 489 plus vat on an email from him for streetblaster 100 kit with 5lb bottle..25bhp...let me know mate please as i am getting nos nervous at the moment