ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North West Meet Chat Thread

If people have any ideas about future/past meets then post them up in here. Lots of threads seem to be going up with vague information and lots of spam so if you want to chat about meets you can do it in here. I will try to keep on top of whats been posted in here with regards to meet ideas.

Oh yeah, I've started posting meets in the Calendar so keep an eye on that too.

Last edited:
  '03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Re: North West Meet Jibba Jabba

More meets in/around Manchester since thats the centre(ish) of the NW region?

If people are around for a drive our NWP meets are every month. Based in Preston.

The NW is most active around Chester, Manchester, Warrington and Cumbria.
BenG usually does meets up around the Lakes.

Anything in particular you would like to do James, I know you run your own as well.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30

Chester is too far for me to want to travel to a meet, especially if its on a week night.

Furthest i'd be prepared to travel is Warrington area for a drive/meet.

Weekends id be prepared to do abit further if we did a drive out/stop for food/drive back style meet.

Most of the stuff ive seen on here Ash has posted and its all based round Chester - No offence obviously, just mentioning it.

No worries. I'll take that into consideration and organise a Sunday meet this month, somewhere around Manchester/Warrington

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30

Some good driving roads and a cafe would be brill.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Nope :( I think for big joint meets the setup we have at the minute is good (i.e hijack ash's place). I think the Manchester lot or anyone willing to travel should make some more localish meets.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

I think we should have a monthly meet! Somewhere to meet get something to eat and have a general chat about everything and what people are up to. Also I think It would be good for new people.
Do it say the 1st Monday of every month and one month do it in Chester then next one do it in Manchester?

We could do something in Warrington just I only know where ikea is and i always get lost. Plus I don't want to just meet in a carpark.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
North West Meet Jibba Jabba

Agreed with the monthly meet but again, I'd only commit each month if it was central, Chester is best part of an hour if not more for me Warrington/St Helen's has plenty of places to meet/eat/greet and loads of places easy enough to find.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

Well everyone has to travel mate it's just one of those things! That's why I've put manchester as one meeting place! Some people from north Wales won't want to travel all the way up all the time that's why it's best to swap it every other month!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

I do the most traveling I'd expect.

A return trip to the Trafford Centre is 47 miles.

Ash's place (again return trip) 100 miles.

The fireworks this weekend (return trip, not considering the random driving around and obviously slight detour to Ash's place) 140-150 miles.

All whilst getting 22mpg on a good day.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van

Tbh if people want great driving roads then Chester is the place to be I'm afraid.. You can't have fun on the m56 like you do on Evo triangle which is a stones throw away. End of convo

I know you work weekends Ash but i think having it on a Sunday is best. Weeknights people don't want to travel far for a short time. If we're doing a monthly meet, it should be weekends IMO. Alternating locations is a must tbh, one place gets boring for many people.

Maybe we should get a poll going to see who's free what evenings/days?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

Well I can do any night and I am game to travel I could get a Saturday off once a month but not a Sunday! I don't know Jon I think a few people would be game for a meet on a week night for a chat or something to eat other areas/groups do it so surly the north west would be game too? Chester lol have done it.

Swapping areas is a must

I am always game for a meet after work on a Sunday after work that's when I've done most of the meets the roads are busy on a Sunday.
Wheb we've got to roots n shoots at 430 and set off at 5ish it works out well get into Wales for a good drive and it's quite! Summer only would go this time of year!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member

Mines 155 miles round trip to chester :(

I will be making more of an effort to come in future though!

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30

Ill PM you regarding that mate - just so I dont clog this up as its a good thread.

Jon, I agree that it should be a sunday, Say mid morning/dinner time so we have best part of the day to either; a) travel to the meeting point or; b) drive around and get to places whilst open (i.e - pubs/cafes).

Well I can do any night and I am game to travel I could get a Saturday off once a month but not a Sunday! I don't know Jon I think a few people would be game for a meet on a week night for a chat or something to eat other areas/groups do it so surly the north west would be game too? Chester lol have done it.

Swapping areas is a must

I am always game for a meet after work on a Sunday after work that's when I've done most of the meets the roads are busy on a Sunday.
Wheb we've got to roots n shoots at 430 and set off at 5ish it works out well get into Wales for a good drive and it's quite! Summer only would go this time of year!

Oh yeah, I think weeknight meets are fine, but it really is hit and miss for most people on weeknights. If were looking to do monthly ones I think It should be a weekend day.

Ill PM you regarding that mate - just so I dont clog this up as its a good thread.

Jon, I agree that it should be a sunday, Say mid morning/dinner time so we have best part of the day to either; a) travel to the meeting point or; b) drive around and get to places whilst open (i.e - pubs/cafes).

Yep, thats exactly what I was thinking. I need to find some areas to meet, that have good facilities (Shame Costco is ruled out now!)

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30

Yep, thats exactly what I was thinking. I need to find some areas to meet, that have good facilities (Shame Costco is ruled out now!)

Anywhere that has a retail park is good i'd say cos then we can eat and plan routes around near the location.

Trafford park in Manc? Middlebrook at Bolton?

Theres one in St Helens which is massive also.

same..... il try get to a couple in the new year!

I've already said to Paul I'll be bringing a meet close to you guys, so keep an eye out for it.

Anywhere that has a retail park is good i'd say cos then we can eat and plan routes around near the location.

Trafford park in Manc? Middlebrook at Bolton?

Theres one in St Helens which is massive also.

Yeah, there is loads knocking about.

Clio 172, Pug 106

Ahh sweet.... yeah i will do :)
I dont mind driving.. just got to make sure im not away with football etc :)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Meet at Middlebrook, theres a F&B's a Nandos, Pizza hut etc.. then rivington is a couple of mins away for some nice roads / scenery.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30

Meet at Middlebrook, theres a F&B's a Nandos, Pizza hut etc.. then rivington is a couple of mins away for some nice roads / scenery.

x2 on that hence the suggestion.

Taking into account Ash's suggestion about rotating meets - We could get together places like this (retail parks) and find roads around them.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Rotating meets is all well and good, but if we decide to do a meet near Preston and all the people local to Manchester drive there and the Preston lot don't come down to Manchester on the next one then I think it should be stopped.

There's not chance in hell I'm doing long distances every few weeks to see everyone and it just being the same old faces all the time as at the manchester/chester ones.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van

Rotating meets is all well and good, but if we decide to do a meet near Preston and all the people local to Manchester drive there and the Preston lot don't come down to Manchester on the next one then I think it should be stopped.

There's not chance in hell I'm doing long distances every few weeks to see everyone and it just being the same old faces all the time as at the manchester/chester ones.

Just to add Rhys I'm not taking sides or nothing but every time I go to a Chester/Manchester meet they never fail to disappoint but yet when I attended a nwp meet I was told there was a guarantee of at least 150 cars but it ended up being a Chester meet 50 miles away from home :( 😞

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

I did a meet to Blackpool once and a few others did turn up but it was mainly chester lads plus a few more I was a bit gutted that a few more didn't make it and I was really gutted when we went all the way up to Preston for a meet and it was just Chester and Manchester that was a totaly fail!

I don't mind traveling to any meet of its worth while Ive bin to meets in brimgham and Yorkshire and they were good but I am not a fan of just going to car parks or s**t places to eat!

Go karting was ace with the Manchester lads!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

^ lol your right it was the first meet you got to meet us all!! Well that's one good thing then scott;)

Evo 8 MR

Blackpool has always been a bad place to go for Cliosport, I've not heard a single member say a good thing about it and rightly so tbh.

With regards to travelling I've never had an issue with heading to Warrington/Manchester/Chester areas in fact I preferred it as I loved a quick blast down the motorway in the cup.