ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Normal Opperating Temperature??

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted a new temperature sensor yesterday as my gauge cut out when it got above half way. But then when it cooled below half way it would kick back in again.
Just drove 90mins down the M4 and this is how hot it got, is this normal?
IMG_0840_zps4ryubs2a.gif

I haven't got it hot yet, like stood in traffic for a while, that test will come tomorrow getting to work in the morning! But when I was parking outside my house it did rise a little, like half an increment.

I didn't change the thermostat as the gauge wasn't showing signs of a broken thermostat, but now the gauge is working it is! Also I am struggling to get 41mpg on long morotway journies, and when I first got the car I used to get 46mpg cursing at 70mph for a few hours. This does suggest the car is thinking it is too cold so the "choke has been opened" so it is running a fraction rich.

172 Cup
Does the temp gauge needle rise/fall depending on speed? Either way, it should sit in the middle once the engine is up to temperature and stay there if behaving correctly.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
I have the same issue. I changed water pump and Aux belt and it sits like that but had no issues with running it. It'd a pain in the ass though

Have you had the stat out? Is the seal in good condition? If it looks a bit perished then its leaking past the seal and that might be the issue. If it were me Id put a new one in, just make sure its not from ecp as I had to return one I bought from them as it was undersized. Genuine Renault one cost me just under £20 and has been perfect for over 2 years now