ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nordschleife Sub 8 Minute Twingo

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Twingo RS 964kg / 204 hp
Drexler LSD / Avon ZZR 16″ semi slicks / OZ Ultraleggera 16″ wheels / Brembo calipers with AP Racing disks / Dixcel race pads / GAZ Gold 2-way shocks / Recaro pole Position bucket seats / Schroth 6 point harnesses / ACW Motorsports plastic windows / Clio V6 airbox / Clio 182 decat exhaust / Sybele Challenger 6 complete custom ECU mapping

so basically he built a trackday 182?

nice lap though!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Thats a very short ratio box in it too! 125 flat out in 6th!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Impressive, bloody impressive little car also! Is it a Gordini?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Utter hero. 211bhp per tonne too.

This conversion needs to be more common
Mine *should* have a bit more power than this, and the weight is nigh on the same, so in theory mine will have a bit more than 211bhp/tonne. Proof will be in the mapping!

From what I've seen the conversion is relatively straight forward. It'll be the wiring that will give you the most grief until it becomes as common as the clio3-meg225 swap I'd imagine.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
106's have been putting out 200+bhp for years.
I know for a fact id rather crash in a twingo!
Yeah I agree! The twingo will have a far better safety cell/ncap rating.

Back in the day we used to go round for laps in my mates nova. It was a c20let converted nova with around 280bhp and it took to the air over a hump at one of the fastest sections on the nordschliefe! If it hadn't gone well we would've been dead as I don't think a nova would cope very well bouncing off the Armco at 140+. Lol!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Mine *should* have a bit more power than this, and the weight is nigh on the same, so in theory mine will have a bit more than 211bhp/tonne. Proof will be in the mapping!

From what I've seen the conversion is relatively straight forward. It'll be the wiring that will give you the most grief until it becomes as common as the clio3-meg225 swap I'd imagine.

The twingo 133s are based on the Clio 1*2 platform aren't they?

182 trackday racer
Nice driving and a quick lap but imo it's not a valid BTG time since he drives the entire long strait. Comes flying by the normal starting point at 194km/h for sure that gives a significant boost in laptime.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Had a lap with this guy a few years back, Andre/Anton can't remember his name. Scary levels of commitment and that was with 135bhp.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Guy is really sound. Was speaking to him with Christopher when I was over there last. We snuck off for a quick lap during the WEC and he was parked next to us in the carpark. It's a serious bit of kit that car.

Had a 133 when he was building this so watched the build really closely. There's plenty of laps pre engine swap and he is 100% committed all of the time - if in doubt, flat out. It is a serious piece of kit though and he can pedal like a man possessed.

To be fair it made perfect sense to do the swap, extracting power from the K4M is ridiculously expensive as I found out when I owned one and toyed with the idea. They still look the tits though and prices have fallen on their arse.

Excuse for a picture.......

Silverstone No. 13/50

44684d9eb15a3f620cbded919594f9cb.jpg
7e7eab384056d262f39b94e81235a51c.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Had a lap with this guy a few years back, Andre/Anton can't remember his name. Scary levels of commitment and that was with 135bhp.

Anthony. I got passed by him going balls out a good few years back and always thought it went very, very well. Even more so when i found out it was still pretty stock power wise.

Superb driver and sure knows his way around the NL, He had thought about the Megane lump into it but i think that was going to be a bit too much work to do so.

Aye thanks pal it was a cracking little car. Bit of an impulse purchase to be fair but it never missed a beat in the year that I owned it. Only complaints were that it just didn't have enough grunt from the 1600. It was alright once it was rolling but you had to stay up it all the time to have any fun. Sounded the tits!! Depreciated like a stone though [emoji17] you can pick early ones up for 4k ish now.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Anthony. I got passed by him going balls out a good few years back and always thought it went very, very well. Even more so when i found out it was still pretty stock power wise.

Superb driver and sure knows his way around the NL, He had thought about the Megane lump into it but i think that was going to be a bit too much work to do so.

He passes me in this video. 4mins in. He was lapping in mid 8's then.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Aye thanks pal it was a cracking little car. Bit of an impulse purchase to be fair but it never missed a beat in the year that I owned it. Only complaints were that it just didn't have enough grunt from the 1600. It was alright once it was rolling but you had to stay up it all the time to have any fun. Sounded the tits!! Depreciated like a stone though [emoji17] you can pick early ones up for 4k ish now.

The same thing happened with 1*2's years back, then they went back up in price. Hopefully that will be the same with the Twingos.

My 20 year old brother has just bought one as his first car. Picked it up at a fantastic price.

I drove it home when we picked it up and although not as much power as the 182, it was really fun to drive. His is a cup and it stuck to the road like glue when cornering.

The massive benefit is that they feel so modern still. It makes my 182 look really old now.

I saw the above one on the Twingo forum but that place is so quiet. Its a shame as there are loads of questions we have but it seems to be difficult to find out as the forum is so quiet unlike CS.

image.jpeg

The same thing happened with 1*2's years back, then they went back up in price. Hopefully that will be the same with the Twingos.

My 20 year old brother has just bought one as his first car. Picked it up at a fantastic price.

I drove it home when we picked it up and although not as much power as the 182, it was really fun to drive. His is a cup and it stuck to the road like glue when cornering.

The massive benefit is that they feel so modern still. It makes my 182 look really old now.

I saw the above one on the Twingo forum but that place is so quiet. Its a shame as there are loads of questions we have but it seems to be difficult to find out as the forum is so quiet unlike CS.

View attachment 144230

My Silverstone had the Cup Chassis and it was an absolute riot to be fair, had to do tyres and changed the Conti's for Hankook V12 Evo's and the car suffered a bit due to softer sidewalls but it was still really lively, great balance surprisingly good brakes.

If there is anything you need to know and I can help then I'll be happy to fella [emoji106] on another note, may have seen above I offered up a green cotton panel filter too so if I don't get a response and your brother wants it he can have it. It does nowt for me so cover postage and it's yours.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26

View attachment 144230
That's really nice...for a girls car [emoji28]