ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non-sport shocks in Sport

Clio Sport 172
What is needed to modify Non-sport shocks to fit them in a sport? I want Non-sport bilstein B6's fitted to my sport, because there aren't any for sport.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180404-203916.jpg
    Screenshot_20180404-203916.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 28
  Clio Sport 172
Any reason for not going for other ones?
They don't make Bilstein B6's for sport clios. I want them because of they are perfect for rally driving on gravel roads because of their ruggedness and because they are quite soft.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd imagine they'll be unmatched to the stock spring rates and weight of the car and may not perform as you expect but, you'd need to change the bolt spacing for where it bolts onto the hubs.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
The easiest way and the most pikey way would be to just drill it from 58mm (non-sport size) to 54mm or 60mm (172 and 182 cup sizes)

However if you wanted to do it semi-properly you could drill out the shocks and then weld a washer onto the shocker mount to give it a bit more support from where you’ve just drilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk