ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non cup to cup belt conversion

Monaco 172
I have been informed there is a forum on here in relation to converting a non cup to a cup engine belts setup? i have a track car project, i have removed the air con and replaced with the cup heater setup but want to remove the pump etc. any help would be much appreciated thanks

phase 1 flamer 172
Do you have to use the cup setup ?, thought about the pure ms set up instead.

FF Clio 182
Currently in the process if doing this to my 182. The PMS looks a little weak in my opinion. It's also allows you to use your original alternator. I went for the Cup setup as it it's Looks a lot strong and more OE. They ain't the easiest thing to source either lol. For a complete setup you will need both brackets, alternator and the high pressure PAS pipe.

I currently painting mine before fitting ...

y4usu7eg.jpg

asyja4u7.jpg

Monaco 172
I have a 172 ph1 non cup, but i removed the air con radiator, pipes and everything under the window wipers, went to scrappies and got the heater blower of a 1.2 as this is the same setup as a cup. I also want to remove my air con pump and try use same alternator etc to cut cost as pure ms delete kit is alot of cash just for a track toy. Might do it in the future though.

So Carlv8415 you have sourced an actual cup setup and swapping it on to your car rather than using the existing parts from your car to run a cup setup? is it just the brackets or the alternator too? Also i may be being a little silly here but what does PMS mean lol?? thanks

FF Clio 182
If you run the cup setup you need to source the alternator also as they are different fixing points than on the 182 one with aircon.

I know people who run the PMS kit and have had no problems. Just in my own opinion it's looks cheaply made and weak in comparison.

FF Clio 182
This bracket (You use your original alternator, it's just positioned lower down)
7evysu5e.jpg

Compared to the OE one + alternator
5aqemape.jpg

Just looks more substantial.

This is everything you need + the Cup aux belt and high pressure pas hose
bupy9a7e.jpg