ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nokia n95

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
We have one here, hooked it up to a projector and played that 3d wipeout game.

Its quite cool, but im sticking with my p990i.

6/468 17poo
picked up one yesterday and easily best fone ive had, pisses all over n70 and k750 and isnt much bigger than k750 bit wider, battery seems ok so far, sat nav isnt no tomtom tho, but surely they will make one for it

wifi on it is virtually same speed as laptop and camera is amazing, screen is really bright and clear but lacks protection hasnt crashed yet either, thats a whole day lol!!

cop one ;)

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Tomtom should work but you will need external gps device as from what I've heard, the built in gps is locked to Nokia's satnav.

Prob be a matter of time before it's cracked in some way.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tomtom should work but you will need external gps device as from what I've heard, the built in gps is locked to Nokia's satnav.

Prob be a matter of time before it's cracked in some way.

Its not locked, its hard wired and tomtom cant see it as hardware.
TT needs to be updated to make use of the GPS chip and BINGO! it should work.

Alfa 147 GTA
getting mine in a few weeks when the price has dropped. whats the camera like could I use it to replace my normal digital cam? I don't need amazing quality just holiday pics and nights out things like that. Hopefully i'll be able to get rid of my mp3 player, PDA sat nav and digi camera when I get this...

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
loving mine at work with a bluetooth keyboard and connected to the wlan... will get bored of it soon tho... have you tried the barcode reader out lol!

R26
very good phone. anyone know how to delete all your texts without deleting each individual one? pain in the ass if you can't do it.

internet is a nice feature. I'm yet to get a gps on it though

^^ on an N80, in your text inbox, press options and select mark all, then press c.

Or, hold the pencil button while scrolling down then it'll mark them all, then press c.

What's the highest capacity microSD card you can get?

I currently use a 2gb miniSD in my N80.

Barcode reader is pants. Got it on the N80. Doesn't do much, even when you're lucky enough to get a good capture of a bar code.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mine actually arrived today and i didnt know, its a nice phone, very similar to my n93 just more polished... looks nice and impressed people in the pub :D

lot smaller than my n93 so im happier... yet to try the gps on a route... but will do tomorrow if i can work it out... lol...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Observations:

Very little difference in speed over the N80
Camera is shocking, my p990i (2 mega pixel) takes better photos, really noisy images.
Video Quality is actually not to bad.
Video out works well
Performs better in landscape mode
Mp3 buttons are useless
GPS chip is alright, its nice to have but until i have decent apps working its a bit defunct.

Oh and it wont support blackberry connect, despite 3 hours hacking.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Whats the best deal on these for new customers .....I aint had a contract phone for years aleays bought sim free but tempted by this

I dont really want to be paying more than £150 for the phone over 12 months and no more than £25 a month......do you think im likely to get anything like that?

Say if i went for a £35 a month contract could i downgrade to say a cheaper £15 plan after a few months connected.

Aslo i ve heard tomtom wont work with the built in GPS.....do you think this will be possible in the future.....Thats the only thing putting me off.

Clio 1.4 16v
Just ordered mine tonight, Orange said there was a £90 fee, but she waived it :) well happy

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
help got my n95 today.

when planning a route, if i dont like the roads it has chosen how do i tell it to go my way???

Citroen DS3 DSport
Have T-Mobile ripped the wi-fi feature from this phone in the same way they have done to so many other handsets they sell?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
errr???

sat nav is s**t, i just paid £50 extra for it and you cant change the route!!!

you cant tell it to go a different way

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
That's no so good. If I buy one then I'll use TT on it.

thats s**t, i dont think tomtom works on it mate.

its so gay, you click alternative route and it does nothing.
i go to and from work each day and it takes 30mins, n95 is telling me 48mins!!!! i do it every fooking day phone!!! LOL

Citroen DS3 DSport
Will the N73 version of TT not work? Crap if not :(

EDIT

Ok it can work but only if you use an external GPS receiver. I've read that the GPS receiver in the N95 is not Sirf III so is not as good as it could have been.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Will the N73 version of TT not work? Crap if not :(

EDIT

Ok it can work but only if you use an external GPS receiver. I've read that the GPS receiver in the N95 is not Sirf III so is not as good as it could have been.

ah i see, no its not as good as it could have been.

but at least they could sort the route problem out via a software update

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
what a piss take, im really not happy

i "thought" i downloaded the maps to my n95 last night through wi-fi, went round my brothers and all was good.

went to use it for work today and no maps????

got home tried again and downloaded the maps again using wi-fi, turned wi-fi off and they wernt there???

phone nokia and he said you need to download them from the nokia web site, which is easy enough. But it downloads the maps to your memory card, well my n95 did not come with a memory card. Checked the nokia web site and the sales package does not contain a memory card, so i phoned nokia to have a good old moan and the guy said nokia only ship the n95 with memory cards. so i said go on your site and look at the sales package, which he did i assume and it did not contain a memory card. and his responce was i cant comment!!! so we had a short heated dicussion and i ended the call.

phoned carphone and they said it does not come with a memory card but they will ship me a 128 for free out of good will.

how much does that take the piss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!