ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nokia n95

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
amazing phone if the gps worked and the nokia book told you how to work it all!!!!

you also have to pay £50 for the voice to tell you where to go in sat nav which no one tells you about

what a piss take, im really not happy

i "thought" i downloaded the maps to my n95 last night through wi-fi, went round my brothers and all was good.

went to use it for work today and no maps????

got home tried again and downloaded the maps again using wi-fi, turned wi-fi off and they wernt there???

phone nokia and he said you need to download them from the nokia web site, which is easy enough. But it downloads the maps to your memory card, well my n95 did not come with a memory card. Checked the nokia web site and the sales package does not contain a memory card, so i phoned nokia to have a good old moan and the guy said nokia only ship the n95 with memory cards. so i said go on your site and look at the sales package, which he did i assume and it did not contain a memory card. and his responce was i cant comment!!! so we had a short heated dicussion and i ended the call.

phoned carphone and they said it does not come with a memory card but they will ship me a 128 for free out of good will.

how much does that take the piss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Nokia ship it with a card and CPW have removed it to sell on separately?

Cheeky f*****s lol

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
what a piss take, im really not happy

i "thought" i downloaded the maps to my n95 last night through wi-fi, went round my brothers and all was good.

went to use it for work today and no maps????

got home tried again and downloaded the maps again using wi-fi, turned wi-fi off and they wernt there???

phone nokia and he said you need to download them from the nokia web site, which is easy enough. But it downloads the maps to your memory card, well my n95 did not come with a memory card. Checked the nokia web site and the sales package does not contain a memory card, so i phoned nokia to have a good old moan and the guy said nokia only ship the n95 with memory cards. so i said go on your site and look at the sales package, which he did i assume and it did not contain a memory card. and his responce was i cant comment!!! so we had a short heated dicussion and i ended the call.

phoned carphone and they said it does not come with a memory card but they will ship me a 128 for free out of good will.

how much does that take the piss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Nokia ship it with a card and CPW have removed it to sell on separately?

Cheeky f**kers lol

no, cos if you check the nokia web site, the sales package does not include a memory card.

Clio 1.4 16v
How the hell does the inbuilt satnav work, mine seems to do absolutely nothing except point to Spain

Clio 1.4 16v
and then the satnav feature will work? does it need a constant internet connection to work?

Clio 1.4 16v
yes, it is cheap, however the N95 is Micro SD, I don't know if there is any difference though in compatibility

Citroen DS3 DSport
Micro-sd cards for the N95 so that is correct. That's a very good price.

Typical of them to move away from Mini SD cause I've not long bought one of those for my N73 :(

SLK 350
Let me just word this for you plainly:

DO NOT BUY MEMORY CARDS OF ANY TYPE FROM EBAY, THE MAJORITYARE COUNTERFEIT SH*TE.

Hm, I was looking at this phone but I kinda also like the look of the W880i as it's slim as f00k!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Let me just word this for you plainly:

DO NOT BUY MEMORY CARDS OF ANY TYPE FROM EBAY, THE MAJORITYARE COUNTERFEIT SH*TE.

Hm, I was looking at this phone but I kinda also like the look of the W880i as it's slim as f00k!

I'd agree with that statement, alot of branded cards on Ebay turn out to be fake.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
oh well im about to find out.

ive got two off ebay before and not had a single problem with either

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i had a fake off ebay too!

would never have know it, very good fake!

complained, got my money back and fuked up the guys efforts to sell anymore!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
it worked but i noticed it was running slow like!

looked on the net and found out they are just made from cheap parts that run slower and dont last very long!

there are usualy guides on ebay of what to look out for!

Clio 1.4 16v
Took me that long too, how do you know if your GPS is working? It constantly says there is no GPS position!!

Any ideas??

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Took me that long too, how do you know if your GPS is working? It constantly says there is no GPS position!!

Any ideas??

no lie it takes 5 mins to connect the gps. just stand outside, with the phone slid open and it will connect
the gps is just behind the keypad

Clio 1.4 16v
Ahh, you have to have it open then, so its gonna be pretty poo in my car then?? the UK maps are shocking!! Finds my house fine, but says my mates house is four streets down from where he actually lives!!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Ahh, you have to have it open then, so its gonna be pretty poo in my car then?? the UK maps are shocking!! Finds my house fine, but says my mates house is four streets down from where he actually lives!!

na works fine in my car open

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ok ive got a 128 card and have been trying to download the 90.3mb maps onto it, its been downloading now for 24hours and still not complete.

i ge the feeling a 128 card is to small for the 90.3mb of data. what card is everyone else using??

SLK 350
128MB card will be like 90/100mb when formatted so you maybe struggling indeed.

Check the formatted space by using a crd reader on your PC, or via your phone.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
128MB card will be like 90/100mb when formatted so you maybe struggling indeed.

Check the formatted space by using a crd reader on your PC, or via your phone.

it has like 110mb free but when i upload the 90.3mb map it fills the full 110mb on the card???

Golf GTI 1.8T
^ thats software for some cheating mofo lol

forums locked btw andy, is this the phone to get now then I've not seen it, but due an upgrade next month.