ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nokia n80 + 2gb card problem

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Seems to be common with the sandisks and mine is doing exactly the same as everyone elses, works for 1 min then 'no mem card inserted'. The card works fine in my digi camera btw.

Anyone got an n80 with a 2gb card which works fine ? Heard the AData ones off ebay work but i dont want to mess around too much. I'd rather just get 2 x 1gb cards if the 1gb cards are more stable.

'Apparently' its an issue with the phones firmware more than an issue with the cards.

Fiesta ST
ordered the 2gb datawrite from svp.co.uk - currently waiting for my returns form. big problems with it. Disappearing etc.

Was gonna get a Sandisk one next - but maybe I shouldn't!!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Problem is that there doesnt seem to be any definite answers anywhere. Might sell this one and risk one of the AData cards, think they approx £28 for 2gb.

BTW - The Nokia mini-sd 1Gb card is £54 ! Are they taking the p*ss ???

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Got the latest firmware mate. I have just found out from Sandisk UK that the card i have is fake. Think that is the problem, although many people are having problems with numerous different cards.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Ebay seller has agreed to give me cash back so might order one today. Let me know what you decide if you find any reliable info.

edit: Ordered 2gb from the above link, fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
Im running a Sandisk 1gb card in my n80

Had a few problems and everynow and then it needs to be removed to refresh stuff :S

Other than that its fine.

I know that Kingston have many problems

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
2gb card came today from mymemory. At first it just didnt detect it so shut the phone down and started back up and it found it. Formatted the card and its been spot on! One thing i did notice is that all the connections seem scratched, not sure if they have done this on purpose for a better connection inside the phone ?? Just happy it works :)

Oh yeah, how sh*te is this nokia music manager stuff ! Any suggestions on using anything else ?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
no mate, the mymemory one. about 30 delivered. seems you were right about them working. cheers for the heads up!

just in the process of whapping 40 albums on it :), aint got a card reader though so its slow as sh*t :(